Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1314

Thread: Transfer Times

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    83
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Stamp collecting is all about being patient . My current form 4 has increased in value & I still do not posses it.
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    14
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Transfer Times

    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    debating on getting a suppressor for the rifles and maybe a can to share between the pistols. The biggest thing stopping me is I hate buying something and not getting to use it right when I purchase it... dropping $200 per stamp + the cost of 2 suppressors. No matter how you look at it that is a chunk of change that goes out the door with no quick reward to it.
    The wait is so aggravating, I sometimes pay more just to have something in my hands that day! I'm waiting on two suppressors and I just try not to think about them.
    Last edited by zarmbie_killer; 7 May 2014 at 20:10.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    14,824
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zarmbie_killer View Post
    The wait is so aggravating, I sometimes pay more just to have something in my hands that day! I'm waiting on to suppressors and I just try not to think about them.
    Basically that's the best attitude you can have. Fill out the paperwork/pay the money and forget about it. A year later suddenly it seems like it's a free suppressor, since you waited so long for it!

    Glad to hear wait times are coming down though. I forget how many Form 4's I have in various stages of submission.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,493
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    eForm submitted 12/13/13 for SBR Form 1. Received today. Just need to figure out how to print a color version to put in the safe so I don't just have it electronically. Although at this point, I'm not really sure it matters.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    299
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Well I should just be a week or so behind you!! Mine was submitted/pending Dec. 16!! (E-filed as well).

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    299
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Just called. Mine was approved May 10!!!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,493
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    You might want to check your spam folder, then. Mine was approved the same day it was emailed directly to me. Kind of weird, but whatever. I also didn't have the normal examiner signing it, instead it's (I think) Dana Pickles. I checked on NFA Tracker and it looks like he's approved some other FL stamps recently, as well.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    299
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    My SOT emailed me a copy of the Form 4 with the stamp. Its signed Nikki Dudash. I updated NFAtracker.com so that it'll hopefully help some other poor fool out there waiting.

    I was able to get with him and pick it up on Friday. He works nights and running a class 3 shop out of his garage is just a hobby (so he can play basically). I think he does enough business just to cover his cost of operations. Of course I immediately took it to the range! Oh what fun.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    14,824
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I see a lot of people are starting to report 6-7 month wait times. I guess the NFA branch hired 12 additional examiners. No word on when they're going to hit the "street" though.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    299
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I see a lot of people are starting to report 6-7 month wait times. I guess the NFA branch hired 12 additional examiners. No word on when they're going to hit the "street" though.
    I asked Damon (I think it was Damon I talked to at least) about that when I called about 2-3 weeks ago. He told me that they got approval to hire more examiners, but none had been added yet. I asked when they would be and he just chuckled and said " Soon I hope."

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,493
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    My SOT emailed me a copy of the Form 4 with the stamp. Its signed Nikki Dudash. I updated NFAtracker.com so that it'll hopefully help some other poor fool out there waiting.

    I was able to get with him and pick it up on Friday. He works nights and running a class 3 shop out of his garage is just a hobby (so he can play basically). I think he does enough business just to cover his cost of operations. Of course I immediately took it to the range! Oh what fun.
    D'oh! I could have sworn you were waiting on a Form 1. I understand now. Disregard my post, then.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    299
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    D'oh! I could have sworn you were waiting on a Form 1. I understand now. Disregard my post, then.
    I'm contemplating a form 1 to SBR my rifle. But I live in a Tri State area, so I'm so sure if I want to deal with that headache for a toy. Especially when. I can just wait a tad and see if I can get issued one at work.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    396
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    Stamp collecting is all about being patient . My current form 4 has increased in value & I still do not posses it.
    What increases in value? Full Auto?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    83
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Machine guns, H&K SBR's & sear ready guns, RDIAS, Lightning Links as are a few other items are great investments.
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,493
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    Machine guns, H&K SBR's & sear ready guns, RDIAS, Lightning Links as are a few other items are great investments.
    Probably worthy of another thread, but... I did a fair amount of reading and Googling about how effective it was to "invest" in a Colt select-fire lower and pretty much everything I came across said it wasn't worth an investment. It can certainly be worth the fun and/or collectable-worthy values, but that in the long run, a machine gun (even a Colt) doesn't out-pace inflation enough, especially when such a thing isn't an immediately liquid asset.

    Do you have any data that says otherwise? I ask because there's still a part in the back of my brain that thinks it's worthy of continued research. Plus I have a lot of 7n6 I could "expend" with one...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •