Page 35 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Well, shit... Looks like my Colt 6933 is playing hard to get. BATFE sent my Form 4 back to my dealer stamped "Returned Without Action" with the note reading "Not in transferable inventory." Apparently the PD that traded it in to my dealer never filed a Form 5 to return the weapon to transferable status. I called the ATF this morning (the gal I spoke with was incredibly nice and very helpful) and was told the Form 5 is pending and that I can submit a new Form 4 any time. The new Form 4 was completed this morning and should go out in today's mail. I'm not a happy camper. Almost two f#@*ing months of waiting and now I start over again.

On the bright side, I finally got the stamp for my Osprey 45 back:

Form 4 (Trust)
    Submitted 7/2/2015
    Approved 11/4/2015
    In my hands 11/12/2015
    Wish it was as easy as an efile form 1. When my sbr was denied it got approved the next day on my second form 1. The refund is a different story. That took 3 months.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Wish it was as easy as an efile form 1. When my sbr was denied it got approved the next day on my second form 1. The refund is a different story. That took 3 months.
    For the reason my form was returned, there's no reason they couldn't have taken my re-submitted form along with the Form 5 and stamped my form approved as soon as the Form 5 was approved. I'll be curious to see how long it takes to get a refund for the form they sent back. I highly doubt it'll be as quick to refund as they were to cash the check i sent.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well i'll be damned...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that was quick

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was very surprised to see this in the mail today. I don't think i've ever got my money back from the government this fast. Hell, my direct deposit income tax refund took longer!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    My Omega ordered on 8/28 just got form 3 OK'd 11/15/15, shipping today.
    My form 4 is Pending 9/14/15.
    I just may call ATF. My last form 3 was Ok'd in 3 weeks, then the sent in the form 4. It may be a 2 can year.
    Last edited by cjd3; 16 November 2015 at 22:05.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    My wife had the checkbook, and rather than wait I used the form to use my credit card. And my #@$%^&* bank denied the charge. of all the times to actually have the fraud detection actually stop a charge, it had to be one that was legit (had some issues in the past) and I got no warning or option to allow it. So the entire packet was sent back, with a nice red stamp on it stating Funds Insufficient or something like that. So it's not something I step back into line from... new forms being mailed to me and I start aaaaaalllllll over. Note to self... USE A FREAKING CHECK!! lol

I guess if there is a bright side, it's that this was for the Omega and I already have a 30cal can... if it had slowed the 458 can I'd be more bummed. Not that I'm not bummed (ok, a little pissed)
    Well, there may be a ray of sunshine after all. Just found out that as soon as my check arrived, it was cashed. So I may not have lost much of my place in line...

Also got note that my 458Socom can is now at my dealer... "Your Scorpion suppressor finally showed up. The finish looks nice, the engraving is really striking, it is surprisingly light weight, and quite a bit smaller than I expected... The pouch that it comes with is nice also" Might have to go fondle it if it's not released soon.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just waiting for the call checks cashed on 6-30 still waiting. Getting impatient.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got approved after the system came up Wed. Filed 6/30, Trust Form 1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post

I really wanted ALG to make their 8" in M-Lok, but I'm not going to attach a ton of stuff on my SBR. That being said, I think I may fallow your lead. Did you file paper or e-file?

Downloads
    Uploads
    e-file. Glad I did when there was an issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    I really wanted ALG to make their 8" in M-Lok, but I'm not going to attach a ton of stuff on my SBR. That being said, I think I may fallow your lead. Did you file paper or e-file?
    Sick little build! I've seen people bash those ALG rails for being ugly, but for the price I love em. Well executed sir!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post

She's a beauty. Where's the can?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Sick little build! I've seen people bash those ALG rails for being ugly, but for the price I love em. Well executed sir!
    I like the ALG rails (V2?) that have the extra section machined at the end where it blends with the upper, along with the small section of M1913 rail at the muzzle end. I used one of these rails on a build for my dad and loved the way it felt in my hands. ALG's install method for timing and proper torque of the barrel nut is ingenious and worked like a charm. For the money, you'd be hard pressed to find a better quality rail.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    She's a beauty. Where's the can?
    A friend runs a lot of Surefire's. I wanted to check one out first. I gotta get her running good first. Short stroking and overrunning the round in the magazine. Gotta lighten the bugger I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I like the ALG rails (V2?) that have the extra section machined at the end where it blends with the upper, along with the small section of M1913 rail at the muzzle end. I used one of these rails on a build for my dad and loved the way it felt in my hands. ALG's install method for timing and proper torque of the barrel nut is ingenious and worked like a charm. For the money, you'd be hard pressed to find a better quality rail.
    Yeah I am real happy. MLOK is more appealing looking, but Keymod will work just fine. If they ever updated I would probably change.

A whole lot of people keep asking about cheek weld. I usually got my nose up close to the charging handle, so the short tube works just fine. I see MVB now how a multi-position stock... ARGH. Whatever, 2 works just fine.

Now I gotta look at cans, and ponder a cerakote job.
    Last edited by Aberration79; 2 December 2015 at 17:20.