Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Hopefully you guys got your stamps in before today. They took the ATF website down.... I'm sure Silencer Shop was doing there part. They posted this pic of 2 Million Dollars in Stamps going out.

Name:  13612194_1357557154265062_5002664157003612931_n.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  81.1 KB
    Damn. That's a lot of stamps.

I still have a lot of stuff I want to get but it's so far off and the money just isn't there...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to get one more can, just couldn't afford it. :0(
    Looks like I'll be jumping through stupid hoops at some point if I want something shorter for my SBRs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    I wanted to get one more can, just couldn't afford it. :0(
    Looks like I'll be jumping through stupid hoops at some point if I want something shorter for my SBRs.
    I don't think it'll be as bad as you think. $10 fingerprint cards and $5 photos.. Just get a few done at once to cover you for awhile. Extra steps suck but it's not the end of the world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it'll be as bad as you think. $10 fingerprint cards and $5 photos.. Just get a few done at once to cover you for awhile. Extra steps suck but it's not the end of the world.
    Did you see the thing about the Kiosks they are providing? You can digitally scan and store your fingerprints among other things...

http://blog.silencershop.com/atf-41f-is-not-the-end/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Did you see the thing about the Kiosks they are providing? You can digitally scan and store your fingerprints among other things...

http://blog.silencershop.com/atf-41f-is-not-the-end/
    Unless there's been a change, dealers cannot do fingerprints.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if they are doing the prints or not. Maybe you just go scan them in once they are done by someone else. I don't know how the new system will work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like it's more of an end-user solution, but the device is located at larger dealers. The end user is still doing the prints, it's just in digital form. I've been curious how that will work as I continue to get SS's emails, but at least they're trying to be pro-active and work with the ATF as 41F approached.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The SilencerShop pic is impressive. So that's like 10,000 stamps represented, if I did my math right.

I'll probably ask for fingerprints from the Mrs for Christmas for the CMT 9mm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just saw that pic on FB. Nuts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With their rep for kicking back everything but FBI Applicant cards, printed with blue ink, it doesn't sound like it'll get easier to submit prints.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    From ATF's General 41F Questions and Answers page:

Q. May a Federal firearms licensee fingerprint a customer? As an FFL dealer, can we fingerprint our customers?
    A. Fingerprints may be taken by anyone who is properly equipped to take them (see instructions on ATF Form 1, Form 4, Form 5, and Form 5320.23). Therefore, applicants may utilize the service of any business or government agency that is properly equipped to take fingerprints.”
    Edit: The information on the ATF Form 1, Form 4, and 5320 don't really provide much information about the fingerprints in regards to qualifying "the service of any business or government agency that is properly equipped to take fingerprints". Instructions from each form are below:

Form 1:
    Photographs and Fingerprints. An individual maker (including any Federally licensed collector who is an individual but not any other type of Federal firearms licensee) must (1) attach to each copy in item 12 of the ATF Form 1, a 2 inch x 2 inch photograph of his/her frontal view taken within one year prior to the date of the application and (2) submit two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card with blue lines) with application. The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them.
    Form 4:
    Photographs and Fingerprints. An individual transferee, except if licensed as a manufacturer, importer, or dealer under the GCA, must (1) attach to item 15 of the ATF Form 4, a 2 inch x 2 inch photograph of the frontal view of the transferee taken within one year prior to the date of the application and (2) submit two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card with blue lines) with application. The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them.
    Form 5320:
    Fingerprints: The responsible person shall submit, in duplicate with the ATF copy of this form, his or her fingerprints on FBI Form FD-258 and the fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them. No fingerprints are required with the copy of the form sent to the chief law enforcement officer.
    Last edited by DeviantLogic; 13 July 2016 at 08:06. Reason: Form instructions

Downloads
    Uploads
    Woohooish.
    Griffin Revo 45 form 3 submitted, passport photos taken. The responsible parties didn't smile, and they look like mug shots. Next are fingerprints this week. I'm really going work the middle finger on the form.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Woohooish.
    Griffin Revo 45 form 3 submitted, passport photos taken. The responsible parties didn't smile, and they look like mug shots. Next are fingerprints this week. I'm really going work the middle finger on the form.
    Once you get all the way through I would like to know how this new procedure really is supposed to work. I am sure other people as they go through it will describe it more... but before I buy anything else I am going to give it a few months so that they can get done with that $2m in a day Silencer Shop order :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Woohooish.
    I wonder if you can claim to be a pastafarian for your forms
    Name:  nevadalicense.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  119.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Form 1. Trust. Efile.

Submitted: 2/20
    Approved: 8/8