Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Damn your on it..what can?

Damnit i so want to do this, i dont have a trust yet, but went and setup and filled out half a form 1 already....lol......uhhhhhh

We just got our trust done. Wife hooked it up for us on Christmas from coyote. I think she did it because she knows the next build is hers and she already has a nice parts list going.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Damn your on it..what can?

Damnit i so want to do this, i dont have a trust yet, but went and setup and filled out half a form 1 already....lol......uhhhhhh
    AAC 556-SD. It's only been 2 1/2 months since my Form 4 was submitted, so i'm guessing at least another month and a half to go. I did my trust through NW Gun Law Group. Easy peasy. And my credit union didn't even charge for the notary.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Deadwing, that is Deadsexy.

Not a fan of magnifiers myself, but the only way to figure that out is lots and lots of shooting. Keep us posted with a range report!
    Sorry for the delay in posting up this range report. This is Friday night for me, and my work week is pretty hectic. I went out to the hills and put a few hundred rounds through this bad boy last week Friday (2 Jan.). It was pretty chilly, with temps hovering just above freezing, with a mix of rain and snow falling at times. Elevation was about 2000 feet. Anyway, on to the good stuff…

First impressions: Damn! This gun is incredibly fun to shoot! Don't get me wrong, shouldering an AR pistol with a Sig brace is fun, and i'm not knocking that set-up by any means. It's still an excellent option for those who can't own an SBR due to BS gun laws (as Washington state was not that long ago), or those who dislike the idea of paying a tax for something that ought not be taxed, or any other number of reasons. But for me, shooting an actual SBR with a real stock where one can adjust the length of pull to suit them is an experience that shooting a Sig brace equipped AR pistol just can't match. That's just my opinion, and might be tainted by the excitement of not only shooting an SBR for the first time, but actually owning one.

I zeroed the Eotech at 50 yards, and as expected it was a piece of cake getting it dialed in. This is my first and only Eotech (all my other non-magnified optics are either Aimpoints or Primary Arms red dots), so it did take a few rounds to adjust to the different sight picture and reticle. Once i did so, i was holding groups as well as i can while shooting my Aimpoint equipped guns offhand. This particular EXPS3 has the -2 reticle with the 65 MOA circle, and two 1 MOA dots inside it. The center dot is good for 50 and 200 yards, while the lower dot allows for bullet drop at 500 yards. I only had about 120 yards of range, so i wasn't able to test the effectiveness of the 500 yard dot. Overall, i like the EXPS3 quite a bit, although i don't think i'll be replacing my Aimpoints with Eotechs anytime soon. As for the G33 magnifier, the jury is still out on that piece. It definitely made it easier for my aging eyes to make shots out past 75 or 100 yards, but i found the limited field of view while using the magnifier to be distracting. Granted, any dedicated magnified optic will have a somewhat limited field of view, but for some reason my eyes just didn't like using the magnifier that much. Plus, it adds a considerable amount of weight to the gun for what i find to be, at least for now, a limited benefit. Some more trigger time might change my mind, but that remains to be seen.

This gun ran like a champ. It ate everything i fed it, from Federal XM855 (the majority of rounds fired) to PMC X-Tac XP193 and PMC Bronze 223 to Wolf Gold 223. I was running an H buffer, as it's all i had sitting around unused. I'd meant to take an H2 buffer out of a different lower and try it for comparison, but forgot to bring it with me. It was ejecting pretty hard and beating up the brass a bit, so i think it will definitely benefit from the use of an H2 buffer (one has been ordered for this gun and should be arriving any day). The bolt locked back on the last round with all types of ammo fired from a variety of magazines ranging from Magpul PMAGs (gen 2 and 3), Lancer AWMs, aluminum GI mags with Magpul followers, and even a Surfire 60 rounder. Out of about 350 rounds, i didn't experience one failure or stoppage of any kind. Slip 2000 EWL kept everything running smoothly from start to finish.

Overall, this is the most fun i've had going out shooting in a while! Having to pay Uncle Sam a $200 tax for the "privilege" of having a stock and a barrel less than 16" on the same weapon might suck, but to me it is still money well spent. I can't wait to get my Form 4 back and mount my can on this baby!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, i'm going to bite the bullet and Form 1 a couple more lowers. I'm getting the engraving done tomorrow afternoon, and will submit the forms when i get home from work tomorrow night. Also, from what i've been reading on Form 4 wait times, i ought to be only a couple weeks out from getting mine back! I'm pretty stoked!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to Form 1 another Lower, torn between the LMT, CMT, and BCM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Showoff...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Showoff...
    LOL... too many projects, not enough $$$

Downloads
    Uploads

Transfer Times

LOL... too many projects, not enough $$$
    Well I pretty much covered that stamp

Downloads
    Uploads
    On a more serious note, I'm trying to decide if I am going to Form 1 a Rock River, an Aero Precision "PEW PEW PEW", or a Mega billet. Since the Mega is still bare, it's the current front runner since I won't have to tear it down to be engraved...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pew pew pew

Dont you have a LMT 10.5" upper, if so form 1 the lmt lower gets my vote if so.....But what the hell do i know.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Well I pretty much covered that stamp
    Actually, I'm going to use those funds from the barrel to buy some LPK's, Receiver Extension Kits, and BAD-ASS's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    On a more serious note, I'm trying to decide if I am going to Form 1 a Rock River, an Aero Precision "PEW PEW PEW", or a Mega billet. Since the Mega is still bare, it's the current front runner since I won't have to tear it down to be engraved...
    I vote for the Aero.

I'm probably going to Form 1 an Aero Lower, just because of the number of SBR Aero Uppers I have. The Pew lower is a great choice for a milspec receiver.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, I'm going to use those funds from the barrel to buy some LPK's, Receiver Extension Kits, and BAD-ASS's.
    That works too!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    That works too!!
    Completely out of the basics... sometimes you forget how fast those items add up!

Downloads
    Uploads

Transfer Times

Completely out of the basics... sometimes you forget how fast those items add up!
    No i do lol.... I need some too but with the new "spec" program from silencerco I'm saving as much as possible for a pistol supressor!!

Edit: I do know how quick the essentials add up lol
    Last edited by Dstrbdmedic167; 27 January 2015 at 19:41.