Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Or is it ion bonded? I don't know, but anyone shot one?
    I'd be pretty interested in a melonited 11.4 stripped BFH barrel, but I think the one you're referring to is a stainless steel barrel that's ion-bonded on the outside.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I currently have an 11.5" BCM "pencil" barrel on my Colt's 733 clone. Full profile Colt's bolt carrier group and a Spike's ST-2 buffer. Standard carbine spring. It runs great with Tula, Federal XM193 and XM855, and IMI M193.

I am in the process of building two more SBRs. One with a 10.5" FN barrel, and another with a Daniel Defense "pencil" barrel cut down from 16" to 10". I'll try to update with how they each work. I'm thinking the 10" might have to have the gas port opened up. (XM177 clone)
    -lamarbrog

I sold my Browning High Power because it is a heavy, low-capacity, hammer-biting, magazine disconnecting, stiff manual safetied artifact with uncommon magazines, and it still holds the honored place of being my least favorite pistol I have ever owned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad this thread popped up again. I went ahead and ordered a 11.5" BCM upper (afterall, who can say no to a free BCM BCG). After messing around with half dozen 10.5" uppers I thought I'd shoot a 11.5" and see how it ran. I was originally going to just buy a Colt 6933, but this was the cheaper option for now.

I plan to keep the FSB, and use a Centurion Arms C4 7.0.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Glad this thread popped up again. I went ahead and ordered a 11.5" BCM upper (afterall, who can say no to a free BCM BCG). After messing around with half dozen 10.5" uppers I thought I'd shoot a 11.5" and see how it ran. I was originally going to just buy a Colt 6933, but this was the cheaper option for now.

I plan to keep the FSB, and use a Centurion Arms C4 7.0.
    I'd be interested to know your thoughts between the two different lengths.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anybody have experience with the Sionics 11.5 ?
    http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...id_category=10

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got no experience with Sionics, but I've been seeing a lot great reviews on TOS.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Anybody have experience with the Sionics 11.5 ?
    http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...id_category=10
    I don't have enough rounds down with my 16" but I purchased them at a time where they were a steal at $159, so I bought 2. So far the barrel has been accurate. I haven't used their 11.5" but a future purchase maybe in order. I have been pleased with all of my SIONICS gear so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i bought one. for the price it was hard to turn down. nice craftsmanship, and more accurate than me. i only have about 2k down range, but runs great.
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested in keeping tabs on Scionics. Some of the people they have on-board are people I respect a great deal, and others...

The contradiction confounds me.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    UW you tried out your 11.5" yet?
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    UW you tried out your 11.5" yet?
    No, haven't gotten a chance to hit the range with it yet. When I have time, I needed to put a handguard on it. Going with a 7" Centurion C4 Rail. Thought about just going with MOE's but I think I only have a mid-length one in the parts bin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You procrastinators are killing me.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    You procrastinators are killing me.
    Sorry Brother! I can't shoot it with bare barrel and no handguards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arnold Schwartzenegger could.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arnold Schwartzenegger could.
    Possibly the best answer yet. Hopefully, I can find the time to swap those rails in this week.