View Poll Results: Which gun do you take camping?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • My normal carry setup or other pistol

11 84.62%
  • A long gun

2 15.38%
  • No gun

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't do a whole lot of camping since I've grown dependent on climate control. But when I do it's usually in the woods on the family farm, so gun laws don't really come into play.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Motorcycle camping was EPIC. We got way out in the woods with 40lbs of gear on dirt bikes and had a great time. Rode some of the most difficult trails of my life the 2nd day, after we dumped some of the gear at the campsite.

Turns out even the EDC is tough to carry with a big internal frame pack - just too much junk around your waist, makes it tough to keep a holster in that area. Ended up just stowing the Shield and a few mags in the bag. Carried it Israeli style, extended mag and nothing in the chamber. Would have been tough to get to but at least I had it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whered you end up riding at? I was in North Park outside of Rand, and Walden.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I'm hiking, the Shield in 9mm. If camping, a 4" Mag-na-Ported Smith 629 with a couple of speed loaders. I have a 10/22 Take-Down that I bought for camping trips - have not been camping since.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by henpecked View Post
    Whered you end up riding at? I was in North Park outside of Rand, and Walden.
    My friend has some land near Turkey Rock, near Deckers, CO. We parked there and rode all around that area. We tried to get to a spot we found on Google Earth but all the deadwood from the Hayman fire years ago made that area completely impassible. Sure did prove our gear though, and our mettle, trying to get in there

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    I have a 10/22 Take-Down that I bought for camping trips - have not been camping since.
    I hadn't been camping in a very long time, maybe 15 years? I used to camp with my Dad & Brother long ago, but as they quit going I just forgot about it.

I have been building a 3-day bag for a while and it was a great way to try out my gear, make sure everything works as expected etc. Going on a motorcycle just made it that much better ...