Downloads
    Uploads

Ar15 lowers legal again in Maryland!

Lowers can be purchased in Maryland again. The wait is 7 days. I hope the online vendors start shipping to Maryland soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where are you getting this info from? I'm in MD and have heard nothing of the sort.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ride4frnt, go to MDShooters. There's like 5 million threads about it at the moment. Or go on facebook and look at Engage Armament's page and what they posted.

Long story short: lowers are allowed, can only be built into non-banned configuration rifles or pistols. Don't need an HQL, but currently MSP is requiring a 77r to be filled out and the 7 day wait. MSPs position is pretty much untenable, and people will be challenging it to make lowers cash and carry, which will still only be able to be built into non-ban configuration rifles or pistols.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check Engage Armaments Facebook page. Horst and McCann has been selling Anderson Arms lowers for about a week now. Their is a running thread on MD Shooters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome news. Was this just some sort of legal ruling?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Awesome news. Was this just some sort of legal ruling?
    From what I understand, no. Don't quote me on this but I believe it has something to do with the only banned AR is the non HBAR long gun. Pistols and HBAR are legal so as long as the gun being built from these lowers are pistols or HBAR you are good to go.

Sidebar: as soon as I get confirmation from my shop that I can buy another one, I'm building a pistol.

If anyone wants some light reading here is the thread

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=156017

Downloads
    Uploads
    Confirmed. My local shop will be selling them. Looks like I'm building a pistol. First purchases are gonna be the lower and the SB15, before that also becomes illegal.

You guys are all bad influences.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Confirmed. My local shop will be selling them. Looks like I'm building a pistol. First purchases are gonna be the lower and the SB15, before that also becomes illegal.

You guys are all bad influences.
    MD allows lowers again and we are the bad influence?

If I were you, I'd stock up on a few extra lowers in case there is a ruling, or closing of a "loop hole" instead of working on that pistol build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MD allows lowers again and we are the bad influence?

If I were you, I'd stock up on a few extra lowers in case there is a ruling, or closing of a "loop hole" instead of working on that pistol build.
    Thought about it, but it's really not worth it. Any of these new lowers are required to be HBAR or pistol. So if I have 10 lowers I'll have to build 10 pistols or hbars and that not what I want to do. Within another year I'll be in West Virginia or Pennsylvania and be free to buy what I want again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Thought about it, but it's really not worth it. Any of these new lowers are required to be HBAR or pistol. So if I have 10 lowers I'll have to build 10 pistols or hbars and that not what I want to do. Within another year I'll be in West Virginia or Pennsylvania and be free to buy what I want again.
    I'm trying to think of HBAR barrels available in the market. What's MD's definition of a HBAR Barrel? It doesn't have to be .936 at the Gas block does it? Something like a Colt 6721 Barrel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to think of HBAR barrels available in the market. What's MD's definition of a HBAR Barrel? It doesn't have to be .936 at the Gas block does it? Something like a Colt 6721 Barrel?
    I'm being told anything .750 behind the block, but I've also been told it needs to be stamped HBAR on the barrel. It's a VERY grey area. Pistols are legal though no matter the configuration. I have a 16" which is more than .750 and a 18" the same way, and a bushmaster that is physically stamped HBAR, so I'm set there. If I build a pistol that will make 6 AR platforms, and really in my opinion a pistol is all I need to make me content (for now) with my collection.