Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

DutyUse's Noveske Project

Well I guess it's official...I'm totally and incurably addicted to these things!

I've been wanting to start a new one of a kind build for awhile now, and it looks like the project is beginning to take shape. I had several boxes waiting for me when I got home from work.

Noveske sent their 13.5" NSR rail & their raptor branded CH.
    BCM sent their 14.5" CHF LW middy barrel & lo-pro gasblock
    Spikes sent their ST-T2 buffer & melonited middy gas tube (spring will be replaced by a sprinco)
    Also received the VLTOR MUR upper, the Impact weapons QD endplate and finally the Lantac Dragon.

Arriving this week also will be the B5 stock, UCWRG lpk, also their grip 23 and one of their new Gen 2 BCG, along with a Geissele SSA-E and a Noveske 60 degree safety selector.

I have two PSA "stealth" lowers shipping to my FFL that I was going to have custom 3D engraved, but after talking with Jason from AB Arms we might just have him do a one off lower which would give us more freedom for design then simply engraving one of these PSA's.

Still debating whether I want to go with "Tungsten" or "Burnt Bronze" for the lower, upper and rail color with black furniture.

Anyway thanks for looking, and I'll continue to update as things progress
    Last edited by DutyUse; 17 September 2014 at 17:58.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a burnt bronze rifle, and soon I'll have a tungsten pistol, so I have no opinion on which color. Looks like a nice little stick you've got started!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet looking start there. Top notch!. I have a burnt bronze pistol but no tungsten(yet) you could always do a custom color mix to come up with a unique color to your liking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice parts! I don't know if I'll do much for color with what I'll build from my stripped lower. I'd like to, but it just might not be in the cards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the kind words guys, if the lower turns out like I'm hoping it should take this build to the next level. Think battle arms new 3D rollmark but with a special logo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great pile of parts you got there. Should turn out great. It always amazes me how fast people can part a rifle together. Mine always seem to take months. As for color, like suggested why not both. Burnt Bronze tiger stripe over tungsten might look sharp. But then again I'm color blind so take that as you will.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    From the parts listed alone.. got me drooled. Can't wait for the completed looks.
    Tungsten.. or the Disruptive Grey will be nice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My response to this build is...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why yes I will sign for these Mr. Fedex Man

UCWRG Gen 2 BCG & Grip 23
    Noveske QD mount, takedown pins, and also 60 degree single sided safety
    Seekins Precision magazine release button
    Geissele SSA-E Trigger

I'll never get close to the incredible photos UWone77's has already taken of it, but this bolt carrier group is so nice I had to try.

I almost wish I had ordered the Geissele SD-E instead just to give it a more custom look. However I'm sure I will get over it somehow.

As soon as my UCWRG LPK is delivered I’m going to send both grip 23’s to a certain stipple master on the forum so he can add his magic to the project.

Only parts left to order are the Rainer Arms trigger guard, the Seekins bolt catch, the Sprinco “blue” spring, and finally a set of BUIS.

Originally I had planned on doing a mostly Noveske build, so I’m not quite sure if these branded take-down pins are going to fit the style of this build, should I replace them.. what say ye?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice collection of parts you have there. Hard to go wrong with either color, ive really been liking the burnt bronze though. The only solution, a rifle in each color.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Very nice collection of parts you have there. Hard to go wrong with either color, ive really been liking the burnt bronze though. The only solution, a rifle in each color.
    Now that's the spirit! Unfortunately it's just not in the cards at the moment, my wife is 7 months pregnant with my son Colt and I'm already testing her patience with this build. She normally loves doing these projects with me and she has told me she wants to build a "pistol" just for her, but with 2 kids and 4 dogs it puts a damper on the gun budget..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just jealous. I can't afford those kinds of parts - the detriments of being self employed in a small population area.

On the other hand though, I can just go outside my front door and shoot at the tree stump in my yard and nobody cares + it's perfectly legal for me to do so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    I'm just jealous. I can't afford those kinds of parts - the detriments of being self employed in a small population area.
    That's what credit cards are for! Just kidding. We live in a small farm town aswell, we just make firearms a priority because that's what we enjoy doing with friends on a Friday night. We might be eating ramen noodles but we've got ammo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    We might be eating ramen noodles but we've got ammo
    That's my new slogan in life!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    That's what credit cards are for! Just kidding. We live in a small farm town aswell, we just make firearms a priority because that's what we enjoy doing with friends on a Friday night. We might be eating ramen noodles but we've got ammo
    Yep, we might be eating whatever we can scrounge up from our shelves and pantry. Hunting a deer is less than 10 miles away though too. We harvest our two tags each year and believe me, I shoot the largest ones I find. Ammo and some guns we do have. It's staying that way too.

We don't go out shooting for fun though - that's just too much wasted ammo that we can't afford. If we did that we wouldn't even have ramen noodles - we'd just starve and die. For the last 2 months we've been eating the two lambs we raised for slaughter. Shot them, cleaned and butchered them and put the meat in the freezer. It will be at least 10 months more though before we have more lambs to slaughter. Our heard is very small and we lost 3 of the ewes.. 2 of them to predators, one to a birth complication. Not a good year for sure. I''m going to try to scrounge up an extra deer tag or two to make up the meat loss. Hunting season doesn't start for another month or so.