Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolt Gun Thread

Downloads
    Uploads

Bolt Gun Thread

Didn't see one already. Admins, merge this one if I'm remaking a bolt gun photo thread.

FN PBR

Manners T4A stock
    Pride-Fowler 800 3-9x FFP
    Burris XTR 30mm rings
    AAC 51T adapter brake

Sub-MOA past 200 yards with hand loads and 168gr Hornady TAP.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Remington 700 .308
    20" 1:10 heavy barrel
    Innovative Arms QD 7.62 suppressor
    Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 scope
    Harris Bipod
    Tacticool stock
    Field Expedient cheek pad/round holder

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice! I'm working on building my m24, can't wait to get my action back from the Smith and get it put together

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really need a bolt gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. Trouble is, I don't know of any place around me that I can shoot over 100 yards. Even that isn't common.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yes you do. In 308.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Mack View Post
    Yes you do. In 308.
    Ahhh...thats to easy everyone is doing it...lol....go with something different...6mm variants and the 6.5's are where its at....Atleast where im looking for my next bolt gun.....or stay in the 308 realm and do a .260 or 7mm-08 , can make brass out of 308 cases and they have better BC's and are supersonic longer in a apples to apples bullet comparison...

It could just be the mountain dew..and the fact its real late...as im just rambling......... and failed with no pic..as only bolt gun i have at the moment is a fv-sr .22...lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the price of the ammo I'm a fan of 7mm Rem mag in bolt guns over .308. But if you don't mind to shell out the money .300 Win mag and .338 Lapua are very cool. I've always wanted a rifle in .50 BMG but will probably never own one. But during the last ammo scare 7mm Rem mag was readily available about every where and doesn't run much more than .308.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Ahhh...thats to easy everyone is doing it...lol....go with something different...6mm variants and the 6.5's are where its at....Atleast where im looking for my next bolt gun.....or stay in the 308 realm and do a .260 or 7mm-08 , can make brass out of 308 cases and they have better BC's and are supersonic longer in a apples to apples bullet comparison...

It could just be the mountain dew..and the fact its real late...as im just rambling......... and failed with no pic..as only bolt gun i have at the moment is a fv-sr .22...lol...
    I say .308 because it would be his first bolt gun. A 7.62x51 bolt action precision rifle is almost right-of-passage in a way.

.260 this, .284 that, .243 blah... There is a solid reason why the military and LEO community sticks with .308. Plenty of ammo, accurate as hell. And if you reload, it's impossible to get it wrong with Varget.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    For the price of the ammo I'm a fan of 7mm Rem mag in bolt guns over .308. But if you don't mind to shell out the money .300 Win mag and .338 Lapua are very cool. I've always wanted a rifle in .50 BMG but will probably never own one. But during the last ammo scare 7mm Rem mag was readily available about every where and doesn't run much more than .308.
    I will second the 7mm Remington Magnum as an excellent round for starter rifle. The .284 projectile has one of the highest ballistic coefficients of any round out there and it's extremely flat shooting even out to extended long range. You can easily kill big game at 1000 meters with a 7RM and the recoil is fairly light for a magnum. The platform is also great to re-barrel later on into a .338 edge which is ballistically the same as a .338 lapua more or less, without the need for an oversized magnum action.

A 308 is a great round, but compared to a 7RM its lacking pretty heavily as far as energy is concerned at extended long range. Both are available readily at big box stores, you will have more projectile options in .30 caliber but I have not had any issues finding .284 projectiles over the last few years.

FBI HRT used 7RM for quite some time and may still use it, its an extremely solid round.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to post and say that all I have is retro bolt guns then I rememberd I have my dad's M77 Mark II that I forgot all about.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to get it out!

1945 6.5 Carcano

Crappy phone pic of the Mosin I refinished.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Recently bought a Howa in 7mm Rem Mag and added my home made kydex cheek riser.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Recently bought a Howa Huntmaster in 7mm Rem Mag and added my home made kydex cheek riser.