Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Bolt Gun Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Using American Rifle Company rings for the first time. May never go back to anything else...
    What is it that you like about them? Can you explain a little?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    What is it that you like about them? Can you explain a little?
    Looks like they hinge open on the sides; impossible to unevenly tighten them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Looks like they hinge open on the sides; impossible to unevenly tighten them.
    Sorry, Alamo, I didn't see your question, but 11B hit it. It's a hinged design and uses only one fastener per ring to hold the scope and tightens in a way such that there is no rotation of the optic as you torque it down.

These are the new M-Brace rings that replace / upgrade their M10 line: https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/p...ope-rings-1414

These got on my radar when I saw them listed in this article about what is popular with PRS shooters. They are only about $30 more than Seekins so I thought it was worth a try and then I found out the company is relatively local to me, too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used a set of these when I built up my R700. I've been very happy with them. Sinner doesn't like them, but he doesn't like anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Sinner doesn't like them, but he doesn't like anything.
    LOL.... everything is crap except the 2 or 3 things he likes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have standards, and don't choose flawed designs. Too many manufacturers using the correct method to compromise.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Walked her out to 1,100 yards at Rock Lake near Spokane, WA with some help from the range owner and instructor. This thing shoots. Now if I can just fix the ejection issues; Savage is sending me a new ejector and extractor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Is the brown line on the far hill the 1,100 berm? I also see some closer target pits.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Nice! Is the brown line on the far hill the 1,100 berm? I also see some closer target pits.
    The 1,100 yard target is a gong out at "A", below. The nearest targets on that hill, at "C", below are at about 500 yards, IIRC. They are in the grass above the brown line as the brown areas is actively farmed. The distances get long as you go to the left of "C" as the hill runs away from you at an angle.

Defiance Long Range:​​ ​We have a 75ft X 14ft covered building with bench or prone shooting. This area has steel starting at 250 yards out to 1395yds. There are 45 plus targets to shoot at consisting of IPSC's 45%, 66%, 100%, Poppers, circles, diamonds and animals​​. RLRR provides plenty of barricade and un-natural terrain training for all types of shooting
    Most of the steel targets on range start at around 300 yards by "B" and run out past that (generally towards the left), both as targets in the flat area with their own berms and targets set up on the grass on that hill. There are also targets on the other hill to the right and from a different firing line you can shoot down that little "valley" between the two hills you see, I believe out to 1,400 yards or so. It's a great facility. They also have pistol bays and a 100 yard range sight-in bay where you can set up paper targets.

It's about a 4+ hour drive for me but I imagine I'll get out there a few times a year from now on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Had a chance to get my 600yd dope on Tuesday after doing load workup. Settled on a milder load of 43gr RE15 with 168gr SMK