Thread: Bolt Gun Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG this thread is awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Thanks, guys. Aragorn, ha!

This one came yesterday. Since the AR308 Gen2 isn’t catching on, I figured this is the next best thing. Feels good in the hand. It’s actually heavier than my 2A Xanthos Build but it feels much less bulky.

Struggled to sight it in today though. Can’t get scope to go low enough on elevation for a 200yd zero. Any insights welcome.
    Was that mount designed for a specific model of rifle? Does it have a slight amount of tilt in the front or rear that may affect it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What he said^^

Nice rifle...maybe try another mount? Scope is new?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the feedback. This is the scope mount: https://zrodelta.com/product/dloc-m4-scope-mount/

No tilt. I’ve used on several ARs without an issue. Scope is a few months old (Leupold VX6HD 2-12).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could always get something similar to this, with some MOA built in.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...ount-qd-lt112/
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you tried taking the top turret off (or loose) and repositioning the knob? Sounds simple but worth a shot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wait, wait, wait. You can't get it to shoot LOW enough? Is there a zero stop type feature engaged on the elevation turret? That's probably what is preventing you from dialing down.

No need for a 20 moa mount. That would make the problem even worse. The gun would shoot higher than it is now.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will, I though the same for a 20moa Mount. Yes, it won’t shoot low enough. I’m hitting 5” too high and I can’t get it to come down.

And yes it has a zero stop. I removed the cap on the turret to get further rotation but it’s at the true bottom. The windage also has zero stop but that one adjusted without the cap for a wider range of motion.

I wrote Leupold to get their feedback too. Probably something simple I’m overlooking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How can windage have a zero stop? You need to be able to dial left or right. Unless it's just a detent or something similar that tells you when you're back to center.

Edit: Just looked at the VX6 manual. It's a "zero lock" rather than stop, which is essentially a detent that locks when it comes back to center so you can adjust left or right for windage.
    Last edited by Slippers; 4 January 2018 at 11:17.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will, I though the same for a 20moa Mount. Yes, it won’t shoot low enough. I’m hitting 5” too high and I can’t get it to come down.

And yes it has a zero stop. I removed the cap on the turret to get further rotation but it’s at the true bottom. The windage also has zero stop but that one adjusted without the cap for a wider range of motion.

I wrote Leupold to get their feedback too. Probably something simple I’m overlooking.
    Try dialing it all the way up to as high as it will go and count the number of full MOA (Mil) that you clicked. Just as an experiment see how many clicks there are from the true bottom to the true top. And then compare that to the specs. The manual I found said 70 MOA.

If it doesn't match something is amiss.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Try dialing it all the way up to as high as it will go and count the number of full MOA (Mil) that you clicked. Just as an experiment see how many clicks there are from the true bottom to the true top. And then compare that to the specs. The manual I found said 70 MOA.

If it doesn't match something is amiss.
    70 MOA = 20 MIL which is what I read was the MK6 elevation travel....(3.44x 20 =69. Close enough)

And Fledge is the elevation dial’s revolution indicator working properly?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: I figured out a way to reach the real bottom on the elevation. Seems obvious now. Can’t wait to get to the range next week. Thanks for your feedback, everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: I figured out a way to reach the real bottom on the elevation. Seems obvious now. Can’t wait to get to the range next week. Thanks for your feedback, everyone.
    Please share :) I know at least I am curious.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The elevation turret could be turned by a slot in the middle, a slot sized for the edge of quarter.

I thought the whole housing elevation underneath needed to turn like on my NF. Should have sat and stared at it longer to figure this out. But it dawned on me this morning and I went back and bingo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve got some bolt gun goodness on its way. Decided to play around with my .308 700 SPS Tactical some