Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone else weigh in on Coyote Rifleworks? My fiance wants me to go the lawyer route which I understand. I want to get the suppressor ordered but want to have my trust atleast in the started process lol especially if I have to wait for a form 3 to clear.

Also any suggestions on a good 9mm suppressor? I keep looking at the Ti-Rant since Silencershop has it on sale. Long as funds allow I'd like to order both but we will see. Don't want to get to crazy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Credz View Post
    Anyone else weigh in on Coyote Rifleworks? My fiance wants me to go the lawyer route which I understand. I want to get the suppressor ordered but want to have my trust atleast in the started process lol especially if I have to wait for a form 3 to clear.

Also any suggestions on a good 9mm suppressor? I keep looking at the Ti-Rant since Silencershop has it on sale. Long as funds allow I'd like to order both but we will see. Don't want to get to crazy.
    I would spring for the $95 with Coyote Rifleworks, (or do the lawyer gig), to have the trust in place BEFORE you order the silencer. That way the paperwork is done in the name of the trust and the silencer is automatically an asset of the trust, and you don't have to mess with transferring it later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a can I didn't now existed. Really has my interest piqued as a do-all, provided the .308 can will fit on their .223 mounts. I can't seem to find a picture of their mounts, but they claim to have 5.56 and 7.62 brake and hider mounts.

7" OAL, <13 oz.

http://www.suppressedarmament.com/76...s/reapert.html
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads

If I don't happen to win one on the giveaway I will be going with them.

The griffin armament revolution 9 imo is the best pistol suppresor out there. The guys at Silencershop have nothing but good to say about it and even in the K configuration it is easy on the ears. I have serial #7 and it's been awesome.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all for the input. I definitely plan on using the suppressor everytime I shoot the gun.

I Just need to do some more thinking how I want to approach the trust. The one local lawyer has told me he'd do it for $500 and one that is 90 Minutes away says $389. So I think the cost of gas and time spent traveling equal out. I'm just torn if I should go with a online trust since a lot of people do that and haven't had any issues. Any suggestions? I have tried to contact the sheriff but he hasn't got back to me on if he would sign or not. Plus I feel the trust is good for me since I can let my family and fiance use the items.
    I did mine through a lawyer. My buddy did his through an online template. We both have approved NFA items. Mine is much more professional than his but they both got the job done. I think it really only comes down to if you ever come across an issue, which one will hold up better. i like the fact that if i have an issue with anything down the road, i can rope in the attorney that did mine and they can hash it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys. I just checked my email and the sheriff got back to me saying to call him to discuss it and he'd sign off. Though my fiance and brother both think the trust is the way to go still for long term.
    Last edited by Credz; 29 October 2014 at 15:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Here's a can I didn't now existed. Really has my interest piqued as a do-all, provided the .308 can will fit on their .223 mounts. I can't seem to find a picture of their mounts, but they claim to have 5.56 and 7.62 brake and hider mounts.

7" OAL, <13 oz.

http://www.suppressedarmament.com/76...s/reapert.html
    SAS cans are a well kept secret. I know a guy who runs one on an AR10 and it sounds great

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    I would spring for the $95 with Coyote Rifleworks, (or do the lawyer gig), to have the trust in place BEFORE you order the silencer. That way the paperwork is done in the name of the trust and the silencer is automatically an asset of the trust, and you don't have to mess with transferring it later.
    Does it matter if I order it through the gun shop? I mean I will have the trust in time for when the suppressors arrive since the shop will still need to do a form 3 and have their wait time right?

Also anyone use Silencershops trust? I didnt realize you could have them do literally everything lol
    Last edited by Credz; 29 October 2014 at 16:39.

Downloads
    Uploads
    this is what i did i got a trust first then i got a .22lr suppressor now i am saving money to get maybe a .30cal or a 5.56 suppressor

if i get the 30cal can that will cover from 308 down to .22lr
    if i get the 5.56 can that will cover all 22 cal bullets

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! I definitely want to get the trust done first like you. I'm in contact with another lawyer who got back to me. Once I find out what he charges hopefully I can move forward with it. I'm just so up in the air on doing a online trust vs a lawyer trust. If the price for the lawyer is good then I will go that route. Silencershop assured me their trust is definitely viable in Pennsylvania so that is good if I go that route too.

I want to get the Saker 762 so I have a good multi-caliber suppressor if I ever get a 300 or what not. Now Im research pistol suppressors lol. My fiance tells me just to get both right away since the wait will be so long haha. Got to love her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have also "heard" good things about the 199 trust, which i believe is $80 bux right now. Again heard thru the forums and such, no first hand experience.

http://199trust.com/#sthash.QKh8OVmR.dpbs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does it matter if I order it through the gun shop? I mean I will have the trust in time for when the suppressors arrive since the shop will still need to do a form 3 and have their wait time right?

Also anyone use Silencershops trust? I didnt realize you could have them do literally everything lol
    If you buy the silencer, you have to do the form at the time of purchase; this means that whatever legal entity is buying the silencer, (you or the trust), will be who is listed as the owner of the item and the stamp. Better to do the trust beforehand so the original transfer from dealer is directly to the trust. Otherwise, my understanding is if the original stamp is issued in your name, you will have to pay another $200 for a new stamp to transfer ownership of the item to the trust, since the trust is considered a separate legal entity.

Coyote Rifleworks, as of mid-August, had done 500 trusts. I think mine was like #509. They are currently running a special for $85 to do them, good through tomorrow, with the coupon code "IMPACT".

Most importantly, this is a quote from Eric at Coyote Rifleworks on why they are doing them for the price they do, (this is from August, but they are currently running a deal for the same price):

" Our goal is to get as many people involved in NFA ownership as possible. The more people who are owners, the stronger we all stand if there is ever a threat to change or remove our rights of ownership. Our Trust is only $95, and in celebration of the creation of our 500th Trust, we are running a promotion on them until the end of the month for only $85. We always respond to emails, and answer calls 7 days a week 9 am to 9 pm. All Trusts are created and delivered the same day."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a lawyer set up my trust it was a little expensive but it made my wife have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the whole NFA thing. I was in the same boat wanted a can and knew nothing about them. Went to a local dealer who had a decent inventory of AAC and Silencerco, he let me test fire a couple and I chose the AAC 762-SDN - 6. I felt it was the best value for my money and I would get the most use out of it. I am waiting for it but the trust did let me efile a form 1 and that was worth the expense because now I have a nice little SBR waiting for its can after waiting a little over a month for the approved Form 1. That being said I would not hesitate to use the Coyote Rifle works trust and after our yearly qualifications at work Wednesday that is where I directed a few of my buddy's who decided they wanted a short rifle.
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the lawyer trust thing too. Lawyer also happens to be CIII delaer, so that helps. No wife, just made me feel better about the whole thing. The trust "loophole" is something that's under a lot of scrutiny on and off, and I wanted it done right, custom for my situation, not cookie-cuttered out by some gunshop. No beef with those that are OK with that, but in the grand scheme of crap I have owned by the trust, the $200-300 difference is pennies in a bucket.

If I was that worried about the dollars, I'd skip the trust altogether and do it under my own name.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    SAS cans are a well kept secret. I know a guy who runs one on an AR10 and it sounds great
    you mean how it doesnt sound?