Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the only picture I have at the moment....halfway through making one. These do have a second recoil lug forward of the front KeyMod screw/nut, to help stabilize it a bit more.

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    interesting

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I know, not that exciting. Originally I was hoping it would also fit the m951 variants, but it will depend on the tailcap used. Some of those have really large dual function caps and will run into the back end of the inline mount.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like that VFG. I may have to pick one up in M-lok.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    I really like that VFG. I may have to pick one up in M-lok.
    Which M-Lok rail(s) do you use? I'm always curious about the M-Lok handguards on the market because I don't see too many of them in the picture threads except from photographers who seem to have a decent amount of gear. I'd love to see some numbers on market penetration compared to KeyMod and then see how it matches up with our parts and what is currently popular.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a Parallax Tactical FFSSR on my Mega billet build.

I've also got an SLR that is currently sitting on my bench when I swapped it for my 9.5" Geissele Mk4. Eventually it will get used again as I really liked the way it felt. My preference is for Geissele rails, so I really want to try the MK8.

Here's the PT:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, I see how they removed the picatinny off the sides and bottom at the front. It does seem *slightly* odd to have it at the rear 6 o'clock though? Nice picture, by the way.

You should definitely get your hands on a MK8. I really like mine. I had a MK1 in the past, and regret selling it. Geissele rails seem to be more rigid than anything else out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    More prototype show off time. This is a final offset scout mount, fresh off the mill (well 2 days off the mill). It's very thin (4mm), smooth and clean, and the large chamfer on the bottom edge blends in nicely with the NSR.

This is with our 300 series light body, and the light in the 2nd closest position to the top rail. Note the minuscule clearance even with the widest front sight (diamondhead).

This is a down the rail shot with our body, same position as previous picture (2nd closest to the top rail).

And lastly, this is the OEM scout body, which can only fit on the right side of the handguard if you use the 4th position, furthest from the top rail.

This mount will, of course, work on other handguards, not just the NSR, but it won't be tucked in quite as tightly. We had to base it around the NSR because it's the thinnest handguard, width-wise. It still puts the light in a very good position on the MI SSK, Parallax, etc. It even works nicely on the BCM KMR, although the light won't be as close to the surface of the 45 degree flat when compared to our inline mount.

The KeyMod parts will be going to anodizing at the beginning of next week. Probably available after SHOT. Standard disclaimer applies - no promises on release dates. :)
    Wow that combo looks incredible on that NSR rail! Well done sir!

As a self admitted torch noob, how much to get that exact setup on my noveske build with the same NSR? Mount, light, body the works?

This would be my primary shtf rifle and I'm embarrassed to admit none of my rifles have lights at the moment, and I'm acutely aware of how big of a liability that could potentially be..

Just been so focused on actual rifle parts, accessories sometimes slip my mind.. : /

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Ah, I see how they removed the picatinny off the sides and bottom at the front. It does seem *slightly* odd to have it at the rear 6 o'clock though? Nice picture, by the way.

You should definitely get your hands on a MK8. I really like mine. I had a MK1 in the past, and regret selling it. Geissele rails seem to be more rigid than anything else out there.
    I completely agree with you about the rails near the back. They really serve no purpose, other than looks.

I generally don't like round handguards, I prefer to have something that digs into my hands a bit. The PT rail is good, but a bit too round. I've more-or-less turned this into a bench gun (especially since it's the most accurate gun I own). The SLR handguards are more like the Geissele in that they have more pronounced angles on the sides.

My plan right now is to put the 13" MK4 onto a build I'm doing with Salient receivers. I'd like to eventually put a MK8 on it. Maybe this summer.

Here's the SLR:

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Malkoff finally has restocked the E1/Scout head.

My Arisaka body is just waiting for the head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Better buy them fast, there are only 6 left as of the time of this post.

http://www.malkoffdevices.com/malkof...00-1cr123-head

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice, was able to grab one!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    All gone. That was quick.