Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Work pants.

Downloads
    Uploads

Work pants.

I'm looking into new pants for work. Spend 50% of my time in the office, other 50% at job sites (residential home mods). The time on the job site is often spent bending/kneeling/lifting etc. to get measurements for estimates or lending a helping hand to my crews. Jeans have always been more comfortable than the typical Dockers for this type of work, but I'd like something slightly more professional than my Levi's 512s.

So to my question: Anyone have experience with Rothco pants? Are they junk? ...because they are definitely better priced than 5.11 or Proper. Just looking for input in general for those that wear tactical/duty pants every day. Good idea, or should I be looking at Dickies/Carhart/Deluth Trading?
    Follow my Facebook page: Chevtec Shooting Solutions, for reviews, how-to guides, and industry news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Old Navy clearance rack. I have a closet full of tactical pants from every company you listed. Do they do anything better than the $10 pants from Old Navy? Nope. Costco also sells some basic jean cut pants in various colors for $17. The only pants that I really like are the 5.11 Stryke pants, but they are fairly pricey. But they stretch just enough to be comfortable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by will0861 View Post
    Costco also sells some basic jean cut pants in various colors for $17.
    I guess I must have not looked hard enough; cheapest I saw last time I looked (over the summer) was about $30 ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Vertx pants for me,

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use both Gramicci and Vertx. The Gramicci are more comfortable and have a lot better range of motion, they feel like your wearing jogging pants. The Vertx have more pockets and can be used with a belt; the Gramicci have a built in belt that's not strong enough for carry. If you get Vertx I order them a size larger, to me they seem to run slightly small.

http://www.gramicci.com/shop/mens-pants-c-63_119.html

http://www.wearvertx.com/Vertx-Tacti...ts-Shorts.aspx
    Last edited by GOST; 20 November 2014 at 01:47.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Vertx are awesome, the cargo pockets are low profile enough that for the most part they look like regular khakis. They also hold up pretty well, and if you shop around you can get pretty good deals on 'em. Their polo shirts are really comfortable, too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Vertx are awesome, the cargo pockets are low profile enough that for the most part they look like regular khakis. They also hold up pretty well, and if you shop around you can get pretty good deals on 'em. Their polo shirts are really comfortable, too.
    I'll also vouch for their Polo's. For training days, I almost exclusively wear Vertx Polo shirts. They are affordable, don't fade as fast, and comfortable. I've pretty much gone completely away from 5.11 to Vertx for range or general LE wear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another vote for Vertx. 18 months of medic school and still going strong. I like both the original Phantom (98% cotton and 2% Lycra) as well as the Phantom LT ( much lighter, dry quicker , more wrinkle resistant, can't remember the blend). Several pairs of both and counting. At work, on the range or might even slip into church in them.

I just purchased one of their Polos and they are very comfy. They claim the collar does not deform. Time will tell, but happy so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Chevtec- I understand you're looking for tactical/duty pant advice, however, I noticed that you also referenced Carhartt, etc, and saw that you're in the construction industry. For most of my career in construction I wore Carhartts exclusively, and the vast majority of my colleagues do too. However, I was chewing them up pretty quickly. I switched to the Riggs Wear line two years ago. They are less dough, and have held up equally as well for my needs. YMMV. They make several styles. I wear the Ranger pants. The colors available make them stand out from jeans with an embroidered shirt I wear also from Riggs, and they have ample room for comfort. I buy the shirts from Gempler's for the embroidery and Denim Express for the pants.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'll also vouch for their Polo's. For training days, I almost exclusively wear Vertx Polo shirts. They are affordable, don't fade as fast, and comfortable. I've pretty much gone completely away from 5.11 to Vertx for range or general LE wear.
    +1 for the polos, when the weather gets hot, that's what I put on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most my pants & short are TAD Gear and yes they aren't cheap yes there made in the US and yes I love them .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive been wanting to try some of the vertx pants, but there is no one local to look at the stuff and their seems like too many different models..i hate ordering and shipping shit back and forth..

What version are a good casual/screw around pant from vertx or who else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2013/09/vertx-mens-pant.html

Old gen vertx pants review - the newer ones are better fitting. They also have an "LT" version I am going to review, good for summer or office environments.

You can also go to REI and grab some of their brand pants.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 pairs of the phantom lt. Not too bad in hot NC summers. I had to cut the elastic out of the waist band. Drove me nuts. My wife thinks they have a saggy bubble butt look to them, probably because I'm 6' and 165 lbs. They are very comfortable because they're roomy through the thighs and seat.

I recently started wearing some mountain hardware and Patagonia 5 pocket jeans style pants which are more like carharts, but much heavier. Good for winter.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2013/09/vertx-mens-pant.html

Old gen vertx pants review - the newer ones are better fitting. They also have an "LT" version I am going to review, good for summer or office environments.

You can also go to REI and grab some of their brand pants.
    You say they fit better but others in the past have said the new gen Vertx have more room for your trunkage, which doesn't help skinny guys like me. Out of curiosity, what's your build (generally)? I love my first gen Vertx pants, but if they've made more room in the ass department, then they'll probably not really fit me that well anymore.

ETA: or is that you in the pictures? If so, you're a little buffer, but of similar build, so maybe they will work.