Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now here I go contradicting myself. With all the black friday stuff going on, I'm slightly considering going for a 5.56 barrel first due to prices. Having a 16" melonited carbine gas thrown in your face for $99 is hard to pass up. May end up breaking away from my plan if that is still available come friday when my check hits the bank

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSWVA View Post
    Now here I go contradicting myself. With all the black friday stuff going on, I'm slightly considering going for a 5.56 barrel first due to prices. Having a 16" melonited carbine gas thrown in your face for $99 is hard to pass up. May end up breaking away from my plan if that is still available come friday when my check hits the bank
    The first one I built was in 5.56 and that is a great price for a barrel. Don't know when hunting season is there but here it's over already for any weapon. There are a couple possibilities left, but I've already filled our tags anyway. Hunting season is likely to be over this year for you too by the time you have it finished. What twist rate is the barrel? With some rounds of more expensive ammo like 77 grain you could easily take down a deer with 5.56 and you have a year to practice with it almost. If it's 1:7 or 1:8 twist, jump on it I'd say.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSWVA View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Then you can just take your sweet time, as budget allows, to build other uppers, while having something in your hand that you can actually shoot.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member