Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

My first AR build

Well, guess since the ball is finally rolling, its time to get a thread started. Finally have enough parts in that I can actually mock up some stuff, and even got my trigger installed. About 99.9% sure its going to be a .300AAC Blackout w/ 16" 1/8 twist barrel. Seems to be a good choice to do general target shooting and also for hunting when looking at price of ammo, round size, etc etc. Although, I'm sure this lower will end up having a couple of uppers to swap to and from eventually, covering multiple calibers.

So, for a main 'in hand' parts list:

Black Forge Upper/Lower Receivers
    ALG Defense EMR M-LOK 13" handguard
    ALG Defense Advanced Combat Trigger
    ALG Defense Super Gas Block
    Troy Folding Battle Sights set
    Hexmag 30 rd Mags

Planned but not purchased parts:
    MAS .300AAC Blackout Barrel- 16", 1/8 twist
    A2 birdcage flash hider/comp (for now, switch is planned but not fully decided on which option)
    Upper/Lower parts coming from multiple sources: Damage Industries, Will paying it forward, etc.
    Bolt assembly courtesy of Will paying it foward, Carrier currently undecided regarding source of purchase
    Buttstock/Buffer kit from Red Barn until upgrades are made

That generally covers most everything so far, will update as parts arrive and are installed. Ordered a springs, pins, detents, clips kit today from Damage industries, along w/ selector, so should arrive soon and be able to finish lower receiver.

Pics to follow this post showing what I have and what I can mock up so far, along with tools that are currently in hand.
    Last edited by RobSWVA; 22 November 2014 at 16:51.