Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I took a flier on the AAC barrel, simply because it was from AAC. I'll report back with some shooting.
    He who hesitates, loses. The AAC barrels at Brownell's are sold out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeh, I knew that the delay on my paycheck would end up screwing me on the barrel....damnit...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did a bit of searching regarding Radical Firearms and came across a forum thread about em on AR15.com talking about their product. Seems that people are pleased with their orders. Only saw one post with actual range info; stated with sub par optic and ACT trigger grouping was 2" @ 100yds, but poster said he was confident that with better optic, trigger, and more stable rest it could pull sub moa groups. That plus everyone saying that they have not experienced any operational issues under normal to moderate stress has me sold on it for the price. Plus I wouldnt think Primary Arms would stand behind a sub par product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSWVA View Post
    Did a bit of searching regarding Radical Firearms and came across a forum thread about em on AR15.com talking about their product. Seems that people are pleased with their orders. Only saw one post with actual range info; stated with sub par optic and ACT trigger grouping was 2" @ 100yds, but poster said he was confident that with better optic, trigger, and more stable rest it could pull sub moa groups. That plus everyone saying that they have not experienced any operational issues under normal to moderate stress has me sold on it for the price. Plus I wouldnt think Primary Arms would stand behind a sub par product.
    It's a really good deal Rob. Jump on it. All you'll need is a mid length gas tube.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did they say what kind of ammo they were using? 2 MOA isn't bad at all with bulk ammo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did they say what kind of ammo they were using? 2 MOA isn't bad at all with bulk ammo.
    I don't remember if they mentioned the ammo used or not. I'll edit this post w/ the info if it was provided...if I can find it again...

EDIT: Finally found the same posting. He showed pictures of targets as well.

1.41 @ 50 yds w/ 69 grain SMKs

1.97 @ 100 yds w/ 69 grain
    2.01 @ 100 yds w/ 77 grain

That is all of the info he provided other than using an under-magnified optic and just free shooting from a bench and not using a lead sled or anything. For the price, I'm sure I will be satisfied; I'm not competition shooting or anything, just burning through rounds for fun.

Did go ahead and grab a Seekins melonited gas tube as well due to the black friday sales. for under $13, and the plain jane tube from Daniel Defense being $12, I figured what the hell, whats $0.50?
    Last edited by RobSWVA; 28 November 2014 at 20:21.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Starting to worry about USPS. My springs, pins, detents, etc etc kit I ordered Monday still hasn't left Indiana where it originated from. Strange considering it was Priority Mail 2-day and picked up from shipper on Tuesday. I know the holiday may have slowed it down a bit, but I would think it would have moved at least beyond the pickup USPS location in a week. Ordered a stock/buffer kit from AR15goa on Wednesday and it has already left the Roanoke, VA USPS hub and heading this way; probably deliver tomorrow as promised, so kinda curious as to why the other order is lagging. Guess I just have to hurry up and wait

Downloads
    Uploads
    It may have moved Rob and the tracking info wasn't updated
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeh, they both came in today. Guess I just get a bit impatient when something is shipping that I am really wanting my hands on, lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeh, they both came in today. Guess I just get a bit impatient when something is shipping that I am really wanting my hands on, lol
    got the other package in the mail for you too Rob. Sent you the tracking number in FB

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the way USPS likes to roll sometimes. The last time I tried tracking a package through them their site said the package hadn't been picked up, when I got home there was a note on the door where they had tried to deliver it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    That's the way USPS likes to roll sometimes. The last time I tried tracking a package through them their site said the package hadn't been picked up, when I got home there was a note on the door where they had tried to deliver it.
    USPS doesn't do very good with their tracking info . It leaves the departure city, then nothing is updated until you pick it up usually.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    He who hesitates, loses. The AAC barrels at Brownell's are sold out.
    Snagged 2 before they sold out. Originally, I was going to wait till the next day to finish my order, and though, I bet these sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    USPS doesn't do very good with their tracking info . It leaves the departure city, then nothing is updated until you pick it up usually.
    Isn't that the truth? They always advertise 2 day Priority Mail, but it usually takes 3. What happens if they deliver late? Absolutely nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Isn't that the truth? They always advertise 2 day Priority Mail, but it usually takes 3. What happens if they deliver late? Absolutely nothing.
    No kidding! I had to overnight my lower to Rainer and it took two days. Guaranteed delivery or your money back... Well went back and forth with them and they said because I didn't take it to them before 3:30 they couldn't guarantee...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, have gotten a bunch of black friday grabs in the mail this week; springs, pins, detents kit, stock/buffer kit, barrel and gas tube, and parts sent by will via the generosity of ya'll sending him more stuff than he needed. Will be able to get my lower completely finished up and my upper mounted w/ my barrel and handguard hopefully (gotta get access to a vise to put that reaction rod to use). Sucks living in an apt, nowhere to work on things when anything other than hand tools is needed. will follow up w/ some updated pics when I'm finished up. Thanks goes out to all of the guys being generous and paying it forward, would be way behind the ball on this without it. Guess it looks like after the holidays before I can finish this build up; between finishing xmas shopping for kids and work closing down for 2-3 wks during the holidays, it's not likely that the remaining parts are gonna be on the shopping list until after the new year