I went to my local dealer today to purchase a suppressor. I had my eyes set on the AAC 556-SD and when I got there were out. All he had was an M4-2000, which I'm not completely turned off to because my cousin has several and they are good cans. What had turned me on the the SD was mainly the price point. The dealer then started talking to me and was trying to push me towards either the SOCOM762 or the SOCOM762-mini or perhaps a saker. He also stated that he was trying to avoid AAC due to the mounting system having a history of failures, causing baffle strikes and after such a thing may happen one must send it off to AAC and deal with their less than enjoyable customer service. He went on to mention that three of his employes had those very issues with the AAC cans. That being said I've heard great things about AAC and I'm aware that both AAC and Surefire are some of the leading companies when it comes to cans.

My questions:

1.) Are the Surefire cans worth the extra money? Is the mounting system so rock solid that that alone is worth the extra money?

2.) do I go with the SOCOM762 or the SOCOM762-mini or being that the can, for now, will reside on a 556 rifle do I avoid the 762 all together and get a 556 can.

3.) is the 762-mini hearing safe on SBR's (in 223/556) on say 10.5" barrels and up?

4.) does any one have experience with either companies customer service? If so how was your experience?

This is all I can think of for now and I appreciate the help. Like I said the can will mainly be on a 556 rifle. Further down the road I plan to build a higher caliber rifle. it might be 308, 300blk or rebuild my 6.5 Grendel is yet to be determined