Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Handguard clearance w/ Noveske 10.2"?

I'm in the process of a 300 BLK build and the final piece of the puzzle is the rail system.

Hoping you guys can help me out or give me some opinions. The suppressor is a 7.62 Saker and from what I understand, the mounted Saker will not overlap the end of the muzzle device (please correct me if I'm wrong).

1.) 9.5" Centurion CMR - This would be the top choice except for two things. I don't know if the suppressor will clear the hand guard and I'm pretty sure the Noveske gas block will have to be shaved down to fit inside.

2.) Geissele MK5 Keymod, 9.5" - a good contender but I have no hard evidence that a 10.2" barrel will clear the hand guard.

3.) BCM KMR 9.0" - I have the 13" right now and I like it. It will be the fallback if the CMR and SMR don't work out.

4.) Noveske NSR 9.0" - The only thing I don't like about the rail is that in order to install the anti-rotation pin, I would have to drill into the upper. Not sure if I feel comfortable without the anti-rotation pin installed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CMR is more like 9.5"

Here's an example of a CMR 9.5" on a 10.3" DD Barrel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a 9" FORCE Rail, which is more like 9.2" IIRC on a 10.5"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, that CMR is close. To close for comfort when it comes to eyeballing a picture. Still don't know if the Noveske low-pro gasblock needs to be shaved to fit in there as well.

Your right about the CMR length though! Data in original post fixed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I ended up going with a BCM 9" rail. Contacted different manufacturers and with the 10.2" barrel, the tolderances are way to close to be confident without actually putting the systems together. Briefly considdered mounting the suppressor inside of a long URX 4 rail but I wanted the ability to use the weapon without the suppressor if necessary.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The CMR is more like 9.5"

Here's an example of a CMR 9.5" on a 10.3" DD Barrel

ohhhh i like that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Installed a 9" KMR today and there was a lot more clearance than I thought there would be. Just waiting on some rocksett to come in before I mount the flash hider.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Installed a 9" KMR on oday and there was a lot more clearance than I thought there would be. Just waiting on some rocksett to come in before I mount the flash hider.
    I personally don't use the rocksett because I've seen issues trying to get it back off later no matter how much you soak it. It also doesn't prevent against galling which can happen with some barrels when they're stainless steel and the muzzle break is stainless as well. I highly suggest nickel anti-seize.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've only used rocksett once. Had to soak the muzzle device and barrel for 24 hours in water, but everything separated smoothly.

Just did a quick search for the Nickel anti-seize. Is there a specific product number you recommend for suppressor use?

Downloads
    Uploads

Handguard clearance w/ Noveske 10.2"?

Here's a 9" FORCE Rail, which is more like 9.2" IIRC on a 10.5"

You really know how to get me going don't you? I really need to sell my 12" and get a 9" force.

ETA: don't mention the SanTan lower... Our dearest medic already pissed me off about that this evening...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    You really know how to get me going don't you? I really need to sell my 12" and get a 9" force.

ETA: don't mention the SanTan lower... Our dearest medic already pissed me off about that this evening...
    In my defense, I posted that pic awhile ago.

Is your 12" in good condition? I'm going to need a 12" down the road here for my buddies build, so I could in theory just buy a 9" and trade you, that way everyone is happy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my defense, I posted that pic awhile ago.

Is your 12" in good condition? I'm going to need a 12" down the road here for my buddies build, so I could in theory just buy a 9" and trade you, that way everyone is happy.
    My 12" is brand new still in the original tube. If you'd wanna trade I'd be happy to pay the shipping for both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    My 12" is brand new still in the original tube. If you'd wanna trade I'd be happy to pay the shipping for both.
    I'll let you know after the holidays. I think his project is getting off the ground soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll let you know after the holidays. I think his project is getting off the ground soon.
    No rush. Still gotta file my form 1. Should be filing that in the next two weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing I hate about the holidays is that its takes longer for my weapon parts to come in!

Ordered a geissele 9.5 to satisfy my curiosity. pics of my triumph or failure to be coming soon!