AAC.....the end?

For all the AAC lovers out there.....

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...mith-quit-aac/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    For all the AAC lovers out there.....

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...mith-quit-aac/
    Well, you could see that coming with the move, Mike Mers, Hollister, Smith, all gone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    funny I wanted one of the 30cal suppressor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    AAC the company isn't going anywhere. They are still cranking out cans. The key people in the company that made it what it is today are all gone though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    AAC the company isn't going anywhere. They are still cranking out cans. The key people in the company that made it what it is today are all gone though.
    aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok good to know

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any idea where the key people are headed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not surprised, this has been happening for awhile.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    There ARE other options out there.

SilencerCo, Griffin, YHM, Gemtech, etc

Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    Any idea where the key people are headed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The article said John Hollister is headed to Sig, which is where Kevin Brittingham (AAC's founder) wound up after multimillion dollar unjust firing a couple years ago

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    There ARE other options out there.

SilencerCo, Griffin, YHM, Gemtech, etc

The article said John Hollister is headed to Sig, which is where Kevin Brittingham (AAC's founder) wound up after multimillion dollar unjust firing a couple years ago
    i refuse to buy any thing from Gemtech until the fix the out backII issue i am all so looking at the YHM 5.56

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a shame that all the current AAC employees are going to be booted. ... maybe they'll pull a Windam Weaponry ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    i refuse to buy any thing from Gemtech until the fix the out backII issue i am all so looking at the YHM 5.56
    I read sometbing not that long ago from Joey of Gemtech regarding the OBII's....they were trying to get to a point they could service the cans in a safe manner...obviously a lead issue but it seemed kind of like a weak excuse considering the cans were sold on the basis of "service guaranteed for life" and now they aren't.

I'll send you a PM so I don't clutter this thread anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mike Smith is there. Mike designed a crazy amount of stuff, and still is. This company move to Alabama has been known for a long time now. The current GA building was the fourth location, by the way. Alabama will be the fifth location. The article cited above is incorrect, and AAC silencers are not going anywhere.
    Last edited by rsilvers; 2 December 2014 at 21:28.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AAC may not be going anywhere but it seems like their innovation has. Other companies have come out with numerous new mounts and designs in a short amount of time and they're still cranking out the same ole same ole. I know many people are happy with their offerings but they don't "do it" for me personally.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only Gemtech cans I've seen that were trouble free were the thread on cans, specifically a 5.56 model. It seems those imbeciles are completely incapable of making a good Quick attach mount.

I could go on and on about the problems I've witnessed with Gemturds, but that's a whole other topic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see a number of possible outcomes, none of which really get me all tingly... that could be: Decrease in price and flooding the market, but QC will go down (or at least not advance as others might -- see the difference in Rem 870's 30 years ago vs the ones today). And with some of the folks leaving, there might be some newer upstart companies showing up from former employees thus being able to increase the choices out there. And if QC goes down, I have a feeling that the customer service level will as well.

All I can say is that I even more glad I went with my SilencerCo for my first can.