Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All of this is making me feel better about Griffin Armament and YHM...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't noticed a drop off in AAC's quality or service. AAC is still my favorite suppressors, nice blend of price/performance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here. We run a bunch of AAC cans. They do the job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great just as I was plane to purchase a 762 SD next year...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I read sometbing not that long ago from Joey of Gemtech regarding the OBII's....they were trying to get to a point they could service the cans in a safe manner...obviously a lead issue but it seemed kind of like a weak excuse considering the cans were sold on the basis of "service guaranteed for life" and now they aren't.

I'll send you a PM so I don't clutter this thread anymore.
    that is why i got the OutBackII (super cheap price) i was going to upgraded it so i can take it apart BUT NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO they pull a fast one

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might be able to get the can jail broken and upgraded by another company....not sure if SRI/Stalking Rhino Industries is still doing it. They may be able to help you in one way or another

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
    Great just as I was plane to purchase a 762 SD next year...
    I wouldn't hesitate in making that purchase. I bought a 762-SD and a 556-SD this year. In fact right now, AAC is including Blackout 51T mounts with the suppressors. Along with the $200 credit, they are basically giving those suppressors away. Great deal for an all Inconel baffle stack.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    You might be able to get the can jail broken and upgraded by another company....not sure if SRI/Stalking Rhino Industries is still doing it. They may be able to help you in one way or another
    they stop doing that for .22lr cans they only do 9mm cans now

Downloads
    Uploads
    John Hollister has moved to Sig Sauer:

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/12/07...-to-sig-sauer/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    they stop doing that for .22lr cans they only do 9mm cans now
    Ahh...sorry.

Maybe do a Google search and see if any other well known 07/02 does the work, and I'd still send Gemtech an email asking for at least a time line or ETA if they have one. I know Joey mentioned a couple months ago they were aware that a bunch of Outback customers were unhappy and they would offer a fix as soon as they were able to on several levels. Again, I don't know how much of that is a smokescreen; I'm just relaying what I read

/I apologize for the thread drift

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I wouldn't hesitate in making that purchase. I bought a 762-SD and a 556-SD this year. In fact right now, AAC is including Blackout 51T mounts with the suppressors. Along with the $200 credit, they are basically giving those suppressors away. Great deal for an all Inconel baffle stack.
    The 762-SD and 556-SD are incredible values. They are such good values that i was able to get a 556-SD and a Ti-Rant 45 for just a little bit more money than i had originally budgeted for just a rifle silencer. I missed the deal on getting a 51T mount included, but got in on the $200 per silencer rebate. It sucks to see so many of the people who made AAC what it is leaving the company. But with no evidence of diminished quality, there's no way i could justify NOT spending my hard earned cash on AAC products, and basically getting two for the price of one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My ultra tiny local FFL right down the road has been trying to talk me into a AAC 556SD for months now and I've been meaning to ask around about them.

All in it'll be about a G to get into one, would this be a good first stamp? Are they easy to service, and most importantly durable?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    My ultra tiny local FFL right down the road has been trying to talk me into a AAC 556SD for months now and I've been meaning to ask around about them.

All in it'll be about a G to get into one, would this be a good first stamp? Are they easy to service, and most importantly durable?
    I was able to get my 556-SD for under $600 (+sales tax+tax stamp). They have a Cerakote finish on the outside and use an all Inconel baffle stack inside, which is about as good as it gets. It's not rated for full auto fire, where the more expensive M4-2000 is, but that doesn't matter to me since full auto weapons aren't civilian legal in my state. As for being easy to service, they are a sealed unit and don't have much in the way of user serviceable parts, so there's nothing you'd to need to service. I'm still waiting for my stamp, so i don't have any hands-on experience with it yet. But from my research, it should be a great can that will last a good, long time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^wow 600 total?

My shop is asking 550 + 200 + 125 for trust. I thought they was giving me the love price, seems like they were just not the kind of loving I had in mind lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    ^wow 600 total?

My shop is asking 550 + 200 + 125 for trust. I thought they was giving me the love price, seems like they were just not the kind of loving I had in mind lol
    $600 was my price for just the can. The tax stamp was an additional $200, state sales tax was probably $50, and i already had my trust so i didn't think to include that. All in, i'm probably close to a grand, including the trust. Sorry, it's late and my wording was clear as mud. I'd say $550 is a pretty square deal. If it suits your needs, i don't think you'll find a better bang for your buck than the 556-SD.