Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Took me a second on that last picture lol. With your build, a WAR upper is probably not an option and unfortunately I don't have experience with other gas adjustment systems to make a recommendation there.

Is it 100% necessary with that SF can? They are stronger than others when it comes to back pressure reduction etc....I Know its not feasible but seeing a different can on the same rifle (M42K, Saker etc) would be interesting. What volume of blowback were you experiencing?

I have the suppressor bug again. I want #5 so bad

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Took me a second on that last picture lol. With your build, a WAR upper is probably not an option and unfortunately I don't have experience with other gas adjustment systems to make a recommendation there.

Is it 100% necessary with that SF can? They are stronger than others when it comes to back pressure reduction etc....I Know its not feasible but seeing a different can on the same rifle (M42K, Saker etc) would be interesting. What volume of blowback were you experiencing?

I have the suppressor bug again. I want #5 so bad
    Honestly I didn't notice much of any gas in the face. But the recoil impulse is definitely more. (It's 5.56, so I'm not saying it was uncomfortable, just noticeably more) and ejection pattern went from being thrown far to my 3 o'clock to barely making it off the table at the 1 o'clock position with the can on.

The rifle will pretty much live with the suppressor on, and I know I can dial it in better so I ordered the Syrac last night as the MicroMOA still has a 2+ lead time on coming in stock.

Here's hoping lol I'll keep this updated with my findings after it comes in from Rainier

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, just got my first can!

Something to add for clarity...

The CQBR upper issued to the military to be used with the Surefire 556RC has a gas port size of .070 to be reliable with and without the can.

Daniel Defense enlarged theirs to .082 so it'll work with Tula ammo and such. But for me shooting 855 or 193 it's overkill and even more so when the can is added

So that's basically why I want to fiddle around with trying to dial it back some