Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post

On a side note, I just got a news message from Weapon Outfitters about a new upper receiver that uses a new design with it's own gas tube that get's lined up with the upper receiver. It has an adjustable gas port in the upper receiver to vent off excess gasses. This has been specifically designed apparently for switching from using a suppressor and not using a suppressor. It's an interesting and innovative idea. I want to use that upper receiver for the .300 Blackout design that I have in mind. What does hurt though is that I'd like to make that as an SBR with a suppressor. Granted I'd have to pay the tax stamp for the suppressor, but I don't want to have pay a second tax stamp for the SBR. I wonder.. since suppressors are generally around 5" long, if one is permanently attached to a barrel would that make the rifle just be a rifle since the barrel and muzzle device would be longer than 16"?
Like Tact says, I think you're talking about an Innovative Arms (made in SC about 45 mins from me) upper receiver.

I've had one for about two years now and its worth every penny. I want a second one for my SPR build.

Pics:
Outside

Unsuppressed

Suppressed

Tact, the WAR is different than an adjustable gas block. The WAR allows the gas tube to remain fully pressurized and gives the rifle a much softer feel. My 16" middy barely has any recoil ad