Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Screwed once again by the "FREE" state.

I wish I had seen this before I did, but alas, it never works that way.

It's recently been brought to light that the ATF is holding all MD form one applications "until they receive clarification." Maryland's laws are written so poorly regarding the new procedures for firearms that even the freaking ATF won't interpret them, they need written proof they are allowed to approve our form 1's. If they are waiting for the AG's office to send them proof, it'll never happen. The state police has already made it known that it is legal, but they won't accept that.

Some people have had their form 1's denied with "assault weapons illegal in MD" as the reason. Some have been "put on hold." This after we were explicitly told to use our new lowers as pistols or SBR's.

There is one FFL in this state that is continually fighting for our rights as firearms owners, and they have filed suit on this issue. No updates as of yet, and I don't expect them to come quickly, but I'll update when I can.

For reference, I have a Form 1 submitted, it's still in the "submitted/in process" phase. I have to say all of this is a little disheartening.

Here is more on the topic, including State Police and ATF responses to correspondence.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=165907

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sucks that you didn't know that before you dropped the two bills on the Form 1...

Downloads
    Uploads
    ATF (Assholes Taking Firearms) is another POS alphabet agency.
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."-Capt. John Parker, Lexington Militia on April 19, 1775

NRA PATRON MEMBER
    RETIRED ARMY SOF

"Fortis cadere, cedere non potest"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    That sucks that you didn't know that before you dropped the two bills on the Form 1...
    I'll get a refund, and I can resubmit, but best I can tell, this go-round it's gonna get disapproved. I'll resubmit til it comes back approved.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sucks indeed Ride. Hope you aren't kept in limbo indefinitely. Guess you really can't wait to get out of there and move back to America.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry for you Ride4. I know Md. has really messed up anti-gun laws. When my wife and I decided to move to the US I checked the gun laws in potential states to choose to move to. Any states with dumb anti gun laws were ruled out and I didn't even look for available properties in them.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always feel so bad for the people who live outside of free America... Sucks it's not easy to just pack up and leave, or just get all of the rights you're promised.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sucks Ride. Don't give in though, keep fighting the fight

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our laws in MN are OK, but not great. We can get SBRs, but no suppressors. But at least they're fairly black and white. Nothing's more irritating with firearms than ambiguity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohio just passed wide reaching legislation that allows for suppressors while hunting, relaxation of CCW requirements, and relaxation of magazine restrictions. Some of it I'm in favor of, some of it I have concerns with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sucks man.

Best of luck to you.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, that really sucks. I hope things get sorted out for you (and everyone else affected by vague, poorly worded, BS gun laws).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, good news for the folks of MD. Atf started approvals again yesterday.

Bad news for me. I'm a damn moron and put my name in box 3b instead of the trust name, so I was disapproved. Will have to wait for refund and resubmit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Well, good news for the folks of MD. Atf started approvals again yesterday.

Bad news for me. I'm a damn moron and put my name in box 3b instead of the trust name, so I was disapproved. Will have to wait for refund and resubmit.
    Well... in the big scheme of things, just a minor delay in your project. At least you can get it approved, vs no dice.

Can't move fast enough eh?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Well... in the big scheme of things, just a minor delay in your project. At least you can get it approved, vs no dice.

Can't move fast enough eh?
    Boy you ain't kidding about moving. Few more bumps in the road and I'm out of here. My girlfriend needs to pay off a debt she got screwed on and we out heading north or south, haven't decided that yet.