Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Former, love the pics. How do you get everything so shiny? Do you dry tumble after they are loaded up?
    Shooting suppressed gets brass extremely dirty to where just tumbling it with dry media and brass polish won’t work. I don’t have a wet tumbler but I do treat them prior to dry tumbling. I put all of it in a cleaned out gallon jug (it has a wide Gatorade bottle size opening otherwise putting brass in it would be tediously painful)

I fill the bottle with hot water cover the brass plus a couple inches. Then, I dump in a few tablespoons worth of Lemishine powder which is found in the dish detergent aisle in stores. I add one tiny drop of dawn liquid dish soap then shake up the whole thing and let it soak for a few hours or whenever I remember it. After the soak is done, I run a couple fresh water rinses through it then pour the brass out onto a large towel. Once it’s dry, then into the vibratory tumbler it goes.

Helps me cull brass that’s failing since the cracks and issues are easy to see. Found two would be case head separations the other day

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the explanation. I find myself doing the same with the wet tumbler without the pins. Just to clean it.

Btw, I found cheap citric acid in bulk on amazon which is basically the same as lemishine.

Do you do any cleaning after resizing to remove the case lube?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the explanation. I find myself doing the same with the wet tumbler without the pins. Just to clean it.
    Personally, I always tumble with pins. The brass is just filthy as hell.
    After sizing, I sit down at the couch and hand clean them and examine them on last time. Then they are sorted by head stamp. If I had room for storage, I'd get a dry tumbler for this, but my workspace gets smaller and smaller each year.

I've found that a primer pocket will go out before a head separation. As I've had many primer pockets fail the Swage Gauge, but never a separation. Lucky I guess.

Downloads
    Uploads

Btw, I found cheap citric acid in bulk on amazon which is basically the same as lemishine.

I do it in my process of sizing. I keep an old shirt or rag in my lap to make sure there’s not excess lube on the shoulder to prevent hydraulic dents, and after I size it, I just wipe it on the rag. I did 150pcs of 5.56 last night in short order. I don’t know how well tumbling would remove the lube...never tried it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  F99F3315-7927-41BB-8F09-7622228D95B7.jpeg
Views: 409
Size:  491.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got a bunch of these delivered....

Name:  B59A2B6A-A2C7-4980-BB17-2CCD18E965B3.jpeg
Views: 447
Size:  950.1 KB

Downloads