Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought a JD Machine upper and lower for a .300 Blackout build, and my buddy was telling me that he called up Wilson Combat and they made him a 16" fluted stainlees mid length gas barrel. I'm going to give them a call on Monday and see if they can make me one!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was looking on Wilsons website, and their 16" .300 Blackout has a .106 gas port. from my understanding the issue of a carbine length gas system with the .300 Blackout was the gas port was too small in some barrels cause most of the feeding issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    So....I Acquired a project barrel of a hybrid nature..It supposedly ran fine/okay with a can attached but i will not be using a can.

Has anyone played with a mid gas . blackout barrel-16"- i know its uncommon, but before i ditch the idea i want to see if i can get it to shoot supers reliably .

-16" RA/bhw mid length gas barrel
    -has adj gas block
    -have not measured gas post yet

Not played with blackout yet, and being a broke ass ginger, dont have a lot of powder/bullets to play with to see if this will work reliably..

And go...........
    I have that barrel, and it's possible to get it running fine with supers, but you won't find much of anything online about it. The barrel was a mistake that RA blew out cheap (they were supposed to be carbine length, but came in mid-length). I believe RA opened up the gas ports. I don't have a measurement on the gas port handy.

I complicated mine by deciding to run a rifle buffer/tube instead of carbine. I have a regular full auto carrier on it, and run a JP LMOS buffer and it's good with supers. Getting that mass down a bit is what helped get it running. It wouldn't reliably cycle with a regular rifle buffer. Had I run a carbine buffer, I think it might have ran ok with just that. One of the RA guys thought that I should use an adjustable gas block, but I didn't, since I didn't need less gas, I needed more of it.

I like the upper quite a bit, mostly because it's unique. You won't run into too many people with mid-length Blackout builds. Most folks don't believe they'll work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think mustangfreek AKA WEVO Gingertastic was able to figure out this project... as Black Hole Weaponry offered and swapped out his mid gas 300 for a carbine gas 300. I think he's just waiting for a few last parts to get it running and shooting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think mustangfreek AKA WEVO Gingertastic was able to figure out this project... as Black Hole Weaponry offered and swapped out his mid gas 300 for a carbine gas 300. I think he's just waiting for a few last parts to get it running and shooting.
    Correct...

After tons of digging around, and as a last resort kinda question just to see what they had to say or any pointers, well he had a quick answer, I want that oddball back and will swap it out for a carbine gas 16" barrel of theirs no questions asked, actually he insisted and sent a shipping label for the old barrel in another email at the same time as BHW's first reply, they seemed to be on it and had the new one within a week..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Correct...

After tons of digging around, and as a last resort kinda question just to see what they had to say or any pointers, well he had a quick answer, I want that oddball back and will swap it out for a carbine gas 16" barrel of theirs no questions asked, actually he insisted and sent a shipping label for the old barrel in another email at the same time as BHW's first reply, they seemed to be on it and had the new one within a week..
    Wow, that's a great outcome.

Getting the barrel I did was an interesting way to really dig into gas systems, buffer weights, reciprocating mass, etc. But if I had it all to do over again, I'd go with a carbine or pistol gas barrel. Not having the ability to run subs out of the gun, or suppress it, definitely was a disappointment.