Downloads
    Uploads

.264LBC barrel selection.

I've come to the point in my most recent upper build to select a barrel. This is a hunting piece and I have selected .264LBC as the caliber. I originally considered 6x45mm, but I wanted to use 120+ grain bullets.

I've looked into Black Hole Weaponry and AR Precision. What other companies have barrels available in .264LBC? Reputability and accuracy are paramount.
    Observation.
    Orientation.
    Decision.
    Action.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Les Baer I believe offers one and ARP used to but I don't know if he still does. If I could get an ARP I would, if not, the Blackhole would be my second choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Other than throat angle it's the same as a 6.5 Grendel. Why limit yourself with the .264LBC designation? Same headspace gauges and all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish this thread had started a few weeks ago. I had a .264 Black Hole Barrel I wasn't doing anything with would have donated it to the T&E Program.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm doing the same thing, but I'll probably go with BHW due to budget constraints. I'd prefer to have the actual 6.5 Grendel SAAMI chamber, but I haven't found a barrel with a contour I like that isn't either .264 or unaffordable. First world problems. Argh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just checked ARPerformance and he indeed does still offer the .264 $265 for 18'' helical fluted chambered specifically with the 123 SST in mind. Will accept 6.5 Grendal and .264 LBC. His accuracy is sub MOA on all barrels I've seen and his AR15 bolt designs are the best.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I wish this thread had started a few weeks ago. I had a .264 Black Hole Barrel I wasn't doing anything with would have donated it to the T&E Program.
    My timing is not impeccable. Haha.
    Observation.
    Orientation.
    Decision.
    Action.