Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Depends on shooter and ammo. I'm not a bench rest guy so supreme accuracy isn't a concern. I'd say right at 2 is achievable by most guys. However each barrel is an individual and prefers certain loads. I've heard a lot of guys smarter then me on the subject claim Chf is 1.2-1.5 all day if you really spent the time to work up a pet load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Personally, I won't be doing much bench shooting. I do like knowing that, under perfect circumstances, my rifle could shoot reasonably tight groups. Everything I've read about RA Mountain series, BCM, DD, and Centurion Arms barrels says that they will get me a reasonably accurate rifle. Those are the barrels that are on my wish list. MOA is just a reference point I've used for understanding accuracy. The match barrels seem to be heavy compared to a 26-27oz CHF barrel. I want don't want a heavy rifle.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    Personally, I won't be doing much bench shooting. I do like knowing that, under perfect circumstances, my rifle could shoot reasonably tight groups. Everything I've read about RA Mountain series, BCM, DD, and Centurion Arms barrels says that they will get me a reasonably accurate rifle. Those are the barrels that are on my wish list. MOA is just a reference point I've used for understanding accuracy. The match barrels seem to be heavy compared to a 26-27oz CHF barrel. I want don't want a heavy rifle.

I think this is your first AR right? I'd just stick with a quality chrome lined. Seems like that's what you've been wanting all along anyway. Maybe I should have Rainier offer a WEVO Members special on the Mountain Barrels. Like I said before though, I'm sure you'll bet both barrels eventually, so don't fight it.

Downloads
    Uploads

16" Rainier Arms Match Barrel (Rock Creek Blanks)

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think this is your first AR right? I'd just stick with a quality chrome lined. Seems like that's what you've been wanting all along anyway. Maybe I should have Rainier offer a WEVO Members special on the Mountain Barrels. Like I said before though, I'm sure you'll bet both barrels eventually, so don't fight it.
    Great timing! I need barrels :)

Tx try a 16" Midweight from RA. Think you'll like that profile. That's what I'll be using for the WEVO build. Which reminds me, if I'm buying RA products can they do the gunsmithing work Before shipping? Cerakote in particular? Just a pain shipping receivers back and forth.
    Last edited by DutyUse; 7 March 2015 at 01:13.

Downloads
    Uploads

Double tap

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure what is going on at Rock Creek but Mike Rock is no longer with them. Some pretty harsh words have been said about Mike after he "retired" as the company claims.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe I should have Rainier offer a WEVO Members special on the Mountain Barrels. Like I said before though, I'm sure you'll bet both barrels eventually, so don't fight it.
    You are just TRYING to take my money aren't you? Should I just sign my paycheck over to you? Seriously? Should I? SHOULD I? Here ya go buddy... LOL

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Great timing! I need barrels :)

Tx try a 16" Midweight from RA. Think you'll like that profile. That's what I'll be using for the WEVO build. Which reminds me, if I'm buying RA products can they do the gunsmithing work Before shipping? Cerakote in particular? Just a pain shipping receivers back and forth.
    I like the idea of buying from RA. One of the first parts I won for this rifle was a Samson rail from Revolr App. I'm pretty sure that's one of their companies. It would be nice to purchase from them. The midweight mountain barrel would be great. As a matter of fact, when I received my stripped lower ( 7 months ago), the FFL dealer recommended that very barrel. 😀

Last edited by Txfilmmaker; 7 March 2015 at 08:27.
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just posted in the deals section, but in case you didn't see it:

Rainier Arms Mountain Barrels (any length, profile) $40 off, Code: STICKMAN2015

Downloads
    Uploads

What is the difference between the regular mountain the mid weight? I mean practically speaking.

I see on the stats the regular 16" is 1 pound 11.4 oz and the mid weight is 1 pound 9.8 oz. It's a 1.6oz difference in weight.

You know I am a complete nerd so that is the kind of answer I am looking for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They just have a slimmer profile after the gas block.

Other than some weight savings, no other real benefit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the heads-up! Do you know how long they will do this special? I am pushing hard to sell my extra parts. I lowered the price of my 11" CMR with the larger accessory pack "B" to $175 plus shipping. So hopefully it will move quickly. It's listed locally and in the WEVO classified section.

Last edited by Txfilmmaker; 7 March 2015 at 15:36.
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that for me?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up! Do you know how long they will do this special? I am pushing hard to sell my extra parts. I lowered the price of my 11" CMR with the larger accessory pack "B" to $175 plus shipping. So hopefully it will move quickly. It's listed locally and in the WEVO classified section.

Likely to the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Is that for me?
    You totally need one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Likely to the end of the month.

You totally need one.
    Thanks! Working hard to get the money!