Downloads
    Uploads

Snowman pistol sights?

I don't know the actual name of this style of sight, or if there is even a common name. But I'm picking up a used 1911 as a project gun and I've been thinking about trying something new for the sights. I normally default to 10-8 sights, with a blacked out rear and tritium front.

Now I'm thinking of trying out a ghost-ring style rear sight with a single tritium dot in the middle.

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience in using these kind of sights, and if so what they though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been using the Ameriglo iDot Pro sights for a while now and I've grown to prefer 2 dots over the typical 3-dot setup. Easier to acquire; one less thing to consider in a fight for your life.

They aren't exactly the same but similar:

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the Heinie Straight Eight were the first to use this design, I may be wrong though. The Heinie Straight Eight are used on the Nighthawk Customs Heinie edition pistols.

http://www.heinie.com
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a set of the Heinie's on my HK 45. I love them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the input.

Now I'm wondering how the large opening of the Novak will work out. I'm guessing it will act kind of like a ghost ring... don't really know if thats a good thing or not.