Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm surprised to see the BAD listed, but at least it's consistent across the three carbines. When it first came out there was a lot of excitement over the BAD, but like many other bolt-on goodies, were later removed. Reasons seemed to include function issues and trying to run the BAD on one gun, but a standard setup on others, causing an award learning curve.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing. This is very interesting and I look forward to reading your blog, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm surprised to see the BAD listed, but at least it's consistent across the three carbines. When it first came out there was a lot of excitement over the BAD, but like many other bolt-on goodies, were later removed. Reasons seemed to include function issues and trying to run the BAD on one gun, but a standard setup on others, causing an award learning curve.
    Yep, I've been on the BAD wagon since earlier than probably anyone else. I had one of the 5 prototypes that Travis handed out before he even joined Magpul. I've been using them ever since, on and off.

Putting everything else aside, with the Redimag the BAD is almost a necessity for me, so adding it to the other two guns seems logical.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're going to love the BCM 11.5". Mine is almost identical, just a normal barrel since I got it before the ELW was out. The 10" KMR is just right, even for my monkey arms. It's probably my favorite "fun" upper, and I use it about half the time suppressed. At my last family gathering it was the favorite, especially among the women, who liked the light weight (without the can, of course).
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have great taste in gear, good-luck with them Rob

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since I've been suppressor shopping lately have you looked at the Griffin Armament Recce 7? It will do all that you want, the mount seems more solid, and it will save you around $200 bucks or more when you factor in muzzle devices. Griffin includes one but for the Omega you have to buy them separate.

I figure it's about $240 cheaper to go with Griffin and they seem very solid. Plus each muzzle device is interchangeable across calibers. So you can have a .223 taper mount and a .308 taper mount and it's no difference.

More comments/thoughts to come as I read more and think about it....
    Last edited by alamo5000; 8 April 2015 at 19:26.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good stuff. I'm looking forward to reading more as things progress.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Since I've been suppressor shopping lately have you looked at the Griffin Armament Recce 7? It will do all that you want, the mount seems more solid, and it will save you around $200 bucks or more when you factor in muzzle devices. Griffin includes one but for the Omega you have to buy them separate.

I figure it's about $240 cheaper to go with Griffin and they seem very solid. Plus each muzzle device is interchangeable across calibers. So you can have a .223 taper mount and a .308 taper mount and it's no difference.

More comments/thoughts to come as I read more and think about it....
    Street price for the Omega is $880, and it comes with one mount.
    http://www.silencershop.com/silencer...mega-7-62.html

They also have both brake and hider mounts, available in both 5.56 and 7,62 thread pitches. And they don't require thread protectors, I don't believe.
    http://www.silencershop.com/accessor...zle-brake.html
    http://www.silencershop.com/accessor...ash-hider.html

Finally, the Griffin is 7.6" long and 19 oz vs the Omega's 7.09" and 14 oz.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Careful on the omega weights. It's 14 oz with direct thread. Add a few more for the ASR mount (plus the muzzle device weight). There was a post on arf where silencershop listed all the different combinations with the end caps and mounts.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Careful on the omega weights. It's 14 oz with direct thread. Add a few more for the ASR mount (plus the muzzle device weight). There was a post on arf where silencershop listed all the different combinations with the end caps and mounts.
    Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm good through. The muzzle device is a net-zero to me since the gun(s) will have some sort of optimal device on them regardless (hiders where hiders make sense, brakes where brakes make sense). I think this is the breakdown youre referring to. I think the red/bold I indicate below is the configuration I'll have.

11.3oz without any mount and anchor brake installed
    13.5oz with direct thread mount and anchor brake installed
    14.8oz with the ASR Mount not including muzzle device and anchor brake installed

1.5oz weight of the anchor brake
    2.2oz weight of the direct thread
    3.4oz weight of the ASR
    3.4oz weight of the muzzle brake

ETA: weight totals per configuration

Omega can + direct thread mount + anchor break (end cap/break) = 13.5 oz.
    Omega can + ASR mount + anchor beak (end cap/brake) = 14.8 oz.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You shoot one yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You shoot one yet?
    Not yet but its not from a lack of trying. I've read and looked up ad researched quite a bit though. I've talked to about 5 owners and 3 people at two major dealers. The comments from the guys at the dealers were "one of the best ones we carry" to "this is what I use on all my personal guns" "its great" and other people would tell me similar things....and they had absolutely no skin in the game whatsoever. One guy said "I would put this up against anything on the market" et etc....and basically the consensus is that its a steal. Given I was asking g about the Recce 5 but most of them had the same sentiments about the recce line as a whole and they said so.

I'm pretty OCD about stuff sometimes but I've heard enough to make up my mind and give it a try. I would have already paid for it but they are on backorder and I don't want to get one from out of state and have months more wait time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not yet but its not from a lack of trying. I've read and looked up ad researched quite a bit though. I've talked to about 5 owners and 3 people at two major dealers. The comments from the guys at the dealers were "one of the best ones we carry" to "this is what I use on all my personal guns" "its great" and other people would tell me similar things....and they had absolutely no skin in the game whatsoever. One guy said "I would put this up against anything on the market" et etc....and basically the consensus is that its a steal. Given I was asking g about the Recce 5 but most of them had the same sentiments about the recce line as a whole and they said so.

I'm pretty OCD about stuff sometimes but I've heard enough to make up my mind and give it a try. I would have already paid for it but they are on backorder and I don't want to get one from out of state and have months more wait time.
    I'm just ribbing you a bit.

Hard to make a recommendation to someone about an NFA item if you've never even used one yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm just ribbing you a bit.

Hard to make a recommendation to someone about an NFA item if you've never even used one yet.
    I know I know :) OK I'm fair game. Rib away....but asking if you've looked isn't the same as a making a recommendation

I don't have jock itch either but I can recommend not getting it :) LOL!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Note to self: Jock itch is a "no-go!" This is why I love this forum. I'm always learning. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan