Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Indeed, it's on tacticalink.com. It was delayed and then never got done, now it's too late and expensive to send the complete Ti LDFAs to get coated, so we'll have to wait till the next LDFA-Ti production
    ETA on that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Next year probably

LDFA is the kind of product that is narrowly focused on a range of AR users:

Folks that have ambi charging handles

Folks that have uppers with a forward assist, which is not forward positioned (closer to the ejection port) like the Vltor MUR

Folks that still value the functions of the FA

Combined with our still small market presence and name recognition, we're not selling as many LDFAs, which I had a good feeling would be the case, but it didn't stop me from making them, money was never the objective.

Folks that find it to be a useful component, and this is mostly left hand shooters, and right hand shooters that practice shooting from their weak side, are the reason they were made

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roger, I'm happy to wait until next year for one of the black ones, just so I have another corrosion-free part on the outside of the AR I built for hunting. I'm not really worried about saving weight, I'm just trying to minimize the amount of exposed steel on that particular rifle, and it won't cost much more than having the FA on there now Cerakoted. I understand that isn't the target you were going for, but it works for my purposes, and I'm happy to support your company just because I like what you're doing. I just picked up my third ABC/R, one of the new forged ones, and as long as you keep making products that improve the interface with my firearms I'll keep buying them. Plus you've been helpful with advice, and I'll always keep giving my custom to companies with approachable, helpful owners.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have my LDFA and just received my ABC/R. :) Looking forward to finally building my rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post

I have my LDFA and just received my ABC/R. :) Looking forward to finally building my rifle.

Some one is pimping their AR
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    :)

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Next year probably

LDFA is the kind of product that is narrowly focused on a range of AR users:

Folks that have ambi charging handles

Folks that have uppers with a forward assist, which is not forward positioned (closer to the ejection port) like the Vltor MUR

Folks that still value the functions of the FA

Combined with our still small market presence and name recognition, we're not selling as many LDFAs, which I had a good feeling would be the case, but it didn't stop me from making them, money was never the objective.

Folks that find it to be a useful component, and this is mostly left hand shooters, and right hand shooters that practice shooting from their weak side, are the reason they were made
    Damn you! But at least you're honest. I'll buy the black stainless one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both the LDFA and ABC/R are a part of the AR evolution, it's fitting it should be discussed and posted on this forum that has evolution in its name.

Both the LDFA and ABC/R designs are partially based on natural selection and mutation. As the AR and its manual of arms evolve, so should its controls. The oft-neglected FA evolved into the LDFA by becoming smaller, and rimless to accommodate ambi charging handles. The ABC/R went the other direction, with its larger, angled and easier to access paddles to accommodate ambi mag catches.

So went the design philosophy that's thus reflected in the final product

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need more FCD in my life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We just started the retail operation. I didn't want to do retail last year, but found that because of it, I'm missing a lot of customer interaction. It's easier to do wholesale only, but the missing opportunity to talk to customers is not helping to get my company name on the map.

Some folks might remember me but not know the new company, we're trying to reverse that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any hints or sneak peeks at what's next for FCD in terms of products for 2016?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would be cool to see an entire line of small parts from you guys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I won't and can't make another selector or take down / pivot pins set (non-compete and other stuff with Battle Arms), have no interest in bringing another ambi charging handle to the market, but hopefully the EMR-A (ambi mag catch) that can be priced below the industry standard, Norgon Ambi-Catch.

Another project is not sexy at all, but something I'd like to have, not sure if it makes much sense to everyone else lol. It's not a firearms part, but is firearms (not exclusively AR) related

Mega's Slide Lock ambi charging handle and LDFA, like peanut butter and jelly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much! I do what I can to give back to the community that's given me so much, I don't want to be here or other forums to push products only, it's not fun without the friendship and learning new things

Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Roger, I'm happy to wait until next year for one of the black ones, just so I have another corrosion-free part on the outside of the AR I built for hunting. I'm not really worried about saving weight, I'm just trying to minimize the amount of exposed steel on that particular rifle, and it won't cost much more than having the FA on there now Cerakoted. I understand that isn't the target you were going for, but it works for my purposes, and I'm happy to support your company just because I like what you're doing. I just picked up my third ABC/R, one of the new forged ones, and as long as you keep making products that improve the interface with my firearms I'll keep buying them. Plus you've been helpful with advice, and I'll always keep giving my custom to companies with approachable, helpful owners.
    Last edited by Duffy; 15 October 2015 at 17:08.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love to see a FCD LPK. Using stainless steel detents, high quality springs, and of course existing FCD products.

Pair that to a CMC or Geissele Trigger Offering, BAD Pins/Selectors, it maybe pricey, but above and beyond anything else available in the market.