Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
Yes and most of the 85gr to 120gr 277 are designed for the 6.8. All of the .30 bullets were designed to be used in your high power cartridges like 30-30 308 and so on. Bringing in the 6.5 is really apples to oranges, it's way out of either of these two realms in terms of what you are trying to accomplish. Now if you want to bring the 6.5 to the party I would probly break out the 7VAR and ( Grendel Fans get you're earmuffs ) walk the dog on the 6.5. I actually have a design on file I worked up that would be able to expand the 110gr to 160gr .30 bullets and possibly even exceed the 30 RAR in performance. Will I ever cat it? Maybe, but the 7VAR will do everything it will basically for my needs.
How is comparing a 6.5 Grendel to a 6.8 SPC apples to oranges? I've shot several 6.5 Grendels both super AND subsonic (it cycled just fine), so your assertion that it's not in the same realm as the 6.8, .277, and .300 is false and simply wanting to avoid what you know will not end well when argued out. And for all the effort exerted into the 7mm Valkyrie, you might as well go to a large frame 6mm or 6.5mm Creedmoor that would mop the floor with it. The thing that doesn't change about all of these wildcat cartridges is the exhausting lengths guys go to in order to create something out of a cartridge that already does a phenomenal job. They want to handicap it by cutting it down to so they can throw it into a standard AR15 magazine, and then try to convince the world it does the same job as the original cartridge it's based off of, or worse yet they claim it does everything great. And the .30 RAR? Really? Lol... I guess your measure of performance and my measure of performance are on different plains.