Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Question

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Thanks Comp - I'll do a Google on the Skimmer.
    The thing about it is that the skimmer is all Glock OEM parts that have been tuned to be a cleaner trigger while maintaining the factory 5.5lbs pull.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    The thing about it is that the skimmer is all Glock OEM parts that have been tuned to be a cleaner trigger while maintaining the factory 5.5lbs pull.
    $35 in Glock parts polished/reworked into a $160 trigger. Good business model at least.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    $35 in Glock parts polished/reworked into a $160 trigger. Good business model at least.
    LOL - Well said !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    You are right the parts are cheap. If I had the skill set I would probably attempt it myself. I know when I took my M&P in to get a trigger job to do essentially the same thing (remove the sloppy pre-travel, shorten the creep, crisp break, shorten the reset) I paid $90 bucks in labor and $40 in OEM replacement parts to the gunsmith at the LGS because I hosed it trying to do the job myself. Granted I had the trigger pull minimized to 3.5lbs pull on the M&P. The M&P was modified for my 2-Gun setup. So instead of me ruining another trigger I opted for the drop in skimmer and I am 110% happy with the purchase. I considered a Zev and the SAI but I couldn't justify the extra $100 for a name and a flat face trigger. I opted for the skimmer, didn't need anything fancy just wanted to clean up what I didn't like about the factory trigger and it delivered.

I probably paid maybe $40 more for the drop in solution versus having my LGS do the work. Its a 20 minute drive to my LGS and finding time to get there during the work week is almost impossible. Leaving my pistol at the LGS for a week to get the work done and then having to go pick it up. I figure my time traveling and waiting was worth at least that.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying it is the best trigger out there, I can only compare it to the factory trigger as I have not had time with any other replacement trigger on the market for the Gen 4 G19, and probably won't. There is nothing wrong with the factory trigger, but the skimmer did clean it up compared to the factory, it took about 2 days on the range to get used to it. If I pick up another Glock I will put the same trigger in it to keep it the same across the board.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I leave all mine stock. That way, when I shoot my duty gun, it's the same trigger as my personal guns.

The factory pull doesn't bother me at all, but then again, I know nothing else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I had a the upper hook of the trigger spring snap on me during training I replaced it with a NY1 trigger spring in my main carry weapon a while ago. Combined with a red/28N firing pin spring (that I have in all Glocks I own and that I take care of in the company) and a "-" connector it gives me an acceptable trigger pull weight with a crisper reset and a more defined pre-travel. So far I like it although others complain about a bit too heavy pull.
    The secondary and tertiary carry guns will remain stock to be able to train with the standard trigger. The neccessary components to do the same swap on them are on standby, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im kinda interested in this thread..

Looking at trying a connector or something on my gen 4-17 it has a somewhatcrappy trigger compared to some other glocks i use to have