Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's an awesome and detailed response. Really makes me consider the KMR as much as I want M-LOK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just remember James to play with their nuts before you make a final decision :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Just remember James to play with their nuts before you make a final decision :)
    I'll just take your word for it....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't played with the front sight enough on the Strike Industries to have an opinion. I'll try to get it installed this month.

The only thing I don't like about the KMR is it's keymod, I think not only does keymod look like crap, but it's going to be a dead platform. I have one KMR on a BCM upper and it's crazy light, but probably won't be picking up anymore until there is an MLOK version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Haven't played with the front sight enough on the Strike Industries to have an opinion. I'll try to get it installed this month.

The only thing I don't like about the KMR is it's keymod, I think not only does keymod look like crap, but it's going to be a dead platform. I have one KMR on a BCM upper and it's crazy light, but probably won't be picking up anymore until there is an MLOK version.
    You couldn't be more right. Only reason it isn't pretty much dead already is the KMR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    not only does keymod look like crap, but it's going to be a dead platform......until there is an MLOK version.
    I suspect it's going to be a long wait - BCM is probably married to Keymod as long as Eric Kincel is head of R&D.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have a horse in the keymod/m-lok race, but I personally like how it's easier to install keymod parts, plus it's nice that they don't protrude inside the rail very far. Not that it's really difficult to use m-lok, but it's more fiddly, and I'm definitely a technically inclined person, used to assembling things. Afterall, I put together every single one of our products.

I don't feel comfortable posting numbers, but I can say that BCM is completely tapped out on KMR production, selling every single one they can produce each month. They're looking to more than double it, and supposedly that may not be enough. There are still some other fairly large manufacturers on the keymod wagon, too, like Daniel Defense.

Magpul is a marketing and production behemoth, so only time will tell. I doubt one or the other will die out any time soon, though.

I understand the consumer mindset: you don't want to be stuck with something that has been end-of-lifed. When it comes to rail systems, the easiest way to feel safe and secure in your purchase is to stick with Picatinny. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just went with the 15'' KMR after a lot of debate and I was in about the same place you are right now, it basically came down between the SLR ultra and the KMR. I'm very happy with my choice but I still like the way keymod looks, I like the way M lock looks too but I already have some keymod stuff and it is really simple to use. I don't really use a whole lot on my rails other than a lite here and there though. Hell I still just clip an old TLR to the muzzle end of the top rail when I'm in a hurry. The KMR is an very nice piece of hardware, and the weight!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    So I'm looking at buying a rail for my Billet Umbrella build.. Can't decide on which way to go and budget is around $300. I plan to pick up a Ballistic Advantage barrel before too long unless one goes on sale.. Barrel will likely be 18" barrel but I've been eyeing the 17.7 Hanson too, which isn't much difference. SO choices i've been considering

1. Erathr3 14" M-LOK
    2. Fortis 2 14" M-LOK
    3. SLR Ulralight or light 15" M-LOK
    4 SLR Ultralight or Light 16.5" M-LOK
    5.Geissele 15" M-LOK MK4 (Only Slightly over Budget but doable)
    Open to other suggestions as i'm curious if you were building this rifle what you'd choose and why?
    Blem Geissele 15" MK4 M-LOK on-sale for $187.50.

http://geissele.com/15-super-modular...-ddc-blem.html
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Keymod is going to be around for a very long time. Even if no one makes any more rails there will be accessories.