Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I was completely disappointed with my Bev block. Having to use a bolt carrier to stabilize the upper sucks. The mag well side is undersized and allows a lot of slop. Way more than a $15 Teflon one I have used for a decade. Then the icing on the cake is the lip molded on it to sit on the vise jaws is far too high on the block when you use the mag well side. It allows flared oversized mag wells to contact the vise as the weapon flops around on the undersized block. I had really hoped it worked well because I was sick of lending out my reaction rod but honestly I would not recommend it or lend it to anyone.
    I'm not quite as disappointed in the BEV as you are, but to be perfectly honest since I've gotten my "super-duper!" Reaction Rod my BEV stays in the second vice as a lower stand pretty much all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Not essential, but nice to have

Tool to put those pesky clips on the ejection port cover pin ...

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I'm not quite as disappointed in the BEV as you are, but to be perfectly honest since I've gotten my "super-duper!" Reaction Rod my BEV stays in the second vice as a lower stand pretty much all the time.
    I would say that the BEV Block is a little bit better than the (standard) Geissele Reaction Rod because it does offer some tiny amount of support to the upper. I have seen to many horror stories on the forums over the years to recommend the (standard) Reaction Rod... Lots of sheared indexing pins and damaged indexing pin notches on the upper receivers.

The Super Reaction Rod is a little better than either the (standard) Reaction Rod or the BEV Block but the amount of support that it offers to the upper through it's tiny brass wedge system kind of sucks, and it's a very fiddly system that takes a while to set up... The Allen drive slots of the two tiny hex screws that go through the brass wedges stripped out on mine within three barrel assembly jobs.

I went back to my old Bushmaster clam shell upper receiver vise blocks for a little while, but just yesterday I received my Windham Weaponry "Barreling Jig" made by JC Machine and Motorsports LLC... Needless to say that I won't be using any of those other tools ever again for barrel installation. However, 2 Unique LLC will be offering a similar tool to the WW/JC M&M Jig but (I think) at a much more affordable price. The price for the WW/JC M&M Jig is $350.00.

I also highly recommend the barrel wrenches that 2 Unique LLC offers, they have been the best barrel wrenches that I have ever used.

Edit: Here is a link to a thread about the Windham Weaponry Barreling Jig. > https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...g-/489-254215/
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 23 September 2017 at 14:09.