Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Was the can backordered?
    No, it was in stock. Just took that long, I guess. But, again - they have been extremely responsive to any and all inquiries I have made.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys I just found this thread so I'll address the questions.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's, Rugged, SIG, SureFire, Tactical Solutions,Thunder Beast, YHM
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    Hey guys I just found this thread so I'll address the questions.
    Make your video longer to darn short.
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Long and short... They've decided to become a distributor for other sellers. I've been seeing them talk about it for some time. I also think it also came about after some pressure from the ATF due to the sheer volume they were moving.
    True we did become a distributor but it wasn't from any outside pressure I can assure you of that. Here was out thought process:
    1. Make it easier for people nation wide to buy silencers
    2. Create competition in the market place by allowing FFL's that previously had no online presence to compete for business
    3. Create a system that would do away with transfer fees

So the new program allows people to purchase the silencer through us and have it shipped to an FFL near them with Silencer Shop still handling the paperwork. So a buyer selects the FFL on the silencer page (and pays the price that the FFL is asking) and purchases a tax stamp. Silencer Shop then handles the form 3 and the form 4. The customer just picks up the silencer at the FFL. We file the form 4 about two weeks after the form 3 so it only adds about two weeks wither you are in Texas or not.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's, Rugged, SIG, SureFire, Tactical Solutions,Thunder Beast, YHM
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    If you are not in Texas it won't make any difference to you one way or another. It will be the same as it's always been.
    Except now there is no transfer fee. Also we file the form 4 while we are waiting on the form 3 approval.
    Silencer Shop
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Now that SS is going to be shipping cans only, they're going to be overwhelming the ATF with F3s...I bet the wait time on those will triple. I just had a Form 3 go through last month in 3 weeks. Not horrible, especially when the overall wait will still be <5 months.
    Actually the only change is that now we form 3 to Texas so overall it doesn't really make that big of a difference since a small part of our business is Texas compared to the rest of the nation.
    Silencer Shop
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it only adds a week then fine, so be it. I want to say for the record that I am HOPING (Really I am) that I am wrong about all this stuff. I don't want to be throwing anyone under the bus but I don't really like what I see from SS.

Like I said earlier though, I have at least 3 NFA dealers within 30 minutes of me. At least two of those maintain stock, of what exactly, I don't know. The one place is notorious for being over priced on absolutely everything though.

All that said (at least around me) there are several options that could be very reasonable. If I want something special though that isn't in stock though I would still be left doing a form 3.
    Based on when this was posted we might have more FFL's in your area now, since we are adding new ones every day. Something to keep in mind is that we handle all the paperwork and you just pick up from the FFL that you select. Also we file the form 4 about 2 weeks after the form 3 so it doesn't add a ton of time to your transfer.
    Silencer Shop
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and thanks for the Clarification! Glad to have you on board. I'll definitely give you guys a look next time!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vel View Post
    As Alamo knows, I've been dealing with an equally inconvenient transaction with Silencershop as of late. I'll share my story to at least give people an insight to form their own opinions. I've never been one to bash a company or wish them ill fate but sometimes people need to know the details. I'm from Ohio first off so the form 3 was a given, figured a couple weeks at most and 3-4 month wait til I had the Saker in hand.

4/20/15 I purchased a Saker 7.62 through their direct program, which is no longer in use therefore I can't request my fee be refunded (how convenient). Bought the trust, tax stamp fee and suppressor through them so everything was in line, within 30 minutes I had my trust and local dealer picked out. 4/20 the form 3 was submitted and the next day I had my trust filled out, notarized and sent back in.

6/12/15 I send an email to see if there was any update as I would have thought I'd receive one by now from the form 3 approval and form 4 sent in along with the check being cashed. Response I got back was minimal at best, "No update yet when you're from 3 approves we will notify you and send you an email. Kind regards, Jarrott" Now read that a couple times and I'm not one to be a grammar nazi but c'mon, do they have a 1st grader as an intern replying to emails??

7/28/15 Quick update to let me know that the Saker is being shipped to my local dealer. Call them and this is the first they were aware of the transfer, 3 months AFTER the initial purchase. Track the package and it arrives as planned. Cool, couple stumbles but no big deal, should be a couple more weeks until I have my stamp and suppressor.

8/24/15 Get an email update saying the check was cashed and the application was received by the ATF. Well WTF, you mean it took 4 months for a form 3 to come back?? Here's the email I sent and the reply I got back.

"I guess being this is my first NFA purchase I don't completely understand the timeline well enough yet. So my Form 3 approval took roughly 4 months, the Form 4 that was dated 4/21 was submitted I'm guessing around 8/17, then the check cashed 8/24 and now I have to wait 3-4 more months to get the approval on that and my tax stamp?"

"Good Afternoon,

You are correct on the timeline. For this order.

Your original form 3 was lost and had to be resubmitted to the ATF. We should have communicated this to you sooner. I’m sorry for the lack of an update. If you do decide to order from us in the future your form 3 wait time should not take that long.

Thanks,
    Chase Smith"

That's it, nothing about refunding my $70 direct fee that they charge, just a dry we f'd up and have a nice day email. Now I can't say they lost it in house or it was lost en-route but when I pay your extra fee for you to do all the paperwork, I expect there to be more accountability.

Now will I go to them for my next purchase? I don't know yet. Like I said at the beginning though, I don't wish them ill fate or to go out of business or anything like that. I think there were miscommunications that shouldn't have happened and unfortunately I got the short end of the stick. With that said, make your own conclusions and choices when buying a suppressor. Would I recommend them as a place to go for a one stop shop, yes. Do I think there are better alternatives be it more initial leg work, yes. Do I understand that you probably want to punch me in the throat for making you read all that, hell yes!
    Vel, I'm very sorry that you had this issue. This is not a typical experience with a form 3 or Silencer Shop.
    Silencer Shop
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cotton had the same thing happen last year. Took him almost a year I think. They blamed the ATF I believe as well but how many times is it their(ATF) fault before the fault starts falling elsewhere...
    The story behind the form 3's that were lost is that two boxes that we sent to the ATF were lost. We worked with them to correct the issue. I agree that it looks fishy and can understand the skepticism.
    Silencer Shop
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    The story behind the form 3's that were lost is that two boxes that we sent to the ATF were lost. We worked with them to correct the issue. I agree that it looks fishy and can understand the skepticism.
    No worries... Clean slate with me.. Looking forward to working with you in the future!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    SS sent me an email this morning. Form-3 is back, they shipped it today to my SOT and provided a tracking number. Just under 7 weeks from order placed to shipped to SOT.
    Form 3's are running all over the place. I've seen two weeks and I've seen 8 weeks. We just changed our system to file the form 4 about two weeks after the form 3 so that should speed everyone up.
    Silencer Shop
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope so too. The (one guy) that I have dealt with there has been more than nice. And for the other silencer that I bought from them it so far it's been pretty good but that wasn't through this new system they have. My objection is about 'new' purchases going forward. That said it's not just me who isn't all that excited about some of the stuff going on either. I have heard from several people here and elsewhere about it.

It would be nice to get it addressed.

For me, if given the option I would still rather drive to Austin and visit friends, have a good time and pick up my silencer than I would wait on or even risk waiting on a Form 3. I don't like the idea of being compelled to Form 3 anything merely because of their choice. All it takes is one Form 3 to get screwed up and your stuff goes to never never land. It defeats the entire purpose being buying from a stocking dealer. For me that was my whole point of buying from them in the first place, or at least a major reason.

Fair is fair and everyone should have a chance to explain but the concerns are out there so hopefully they do join the discussion.
    Texas customers were the most affected by this change. I can understand wanting to keep things the way they were and understand the frustration with not being able to pick up at the store. The goal though is to create and environment with more FFL's and better prices for everyone. Also with the change in when we file the form 4 it should be about the same time as it was before when people had the silencers mailed to them.
    Silencer Shop
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries... Clean slate with me.. Looking forward to working with you in the future!
    Thanks for the support.
    Silencer Shop
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    So first up, I have no bone to pick with you guys. I've purchased several items through you guys and it's been a painless process going through my local FFL for the F4. But this confuses me:

3. Create a system that would do away with transfer fees
    Except now there is no transfer fee. Also we file the form 4 while we are waiting on the form 3 approval.
    I visited a local FFL (not my normal FFL I usually use) that is listed as a "Powered By" FFL on your site when I click a specific can to purchase. I asked him how this "new" system worked and he stated that there was a transfer fee (which was significantly more than my normal, non-"Powered by" guy). So if a FFL has signed up with you as a "Powered By" dealer, should they not be charging me the transfer fee? Or is it, in the end, still up to them?