Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF-41P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Reading that link, it looks like that is the only material change, which was in-progress already. So, grandstanding and showmanship for political points, but no real changes aside from requiring a background check for those on a trust. IIRC, the last time a legally owned NFA item was used in major crime, it was owned by a LEO. Frankly, they should be able to institute background checks without requiring LEO sign-off and that wouldn't be too much of a hurdle. Or am I missing something?

Not real thrilled about having 200 new ATF agents, but that will have to be funded through a budget first, so is quite likely to not happen.
    Yup... no real change from what was already talked about - but there was some debate online as to whether or not this would actually happen (I always thought it would and operated on that premise, thankfully). This removes any and all doubt as to IF it will happen. Looks like it WILL happen tomorrow.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea slippers lives a county over from me and their Sheriff won't sign despite us being a shall sign state now...

My wife and kids are the only people on my trust. If I have to go through the fingerprints and what not I'll just file as an individual. Supposedly those are coming back much quicker now...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sooooo, For those who have done a personal e-file, (I have always been a trust) what is the process for the Fingerprint and Sign off card? Do you go in to LEO , get fingerprinted and then the Rosco P Coultraine signs the card? Do you have to send that in, or can you upload that as a Image etc? Is that Card Dowwnloaded at ATF.gov?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am hopeful that they keep to the grandfathering thing. I have two things already submitted and paid.

Our sheriff will sign off on things but I am seriously hoping that I don't have to deal with all that bullshit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like you guys have 180 days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My sheriff is the only one in the entire state who refused to sign the letter to the feds saying they won't enforce any unconstitutional firearms laws passed on a national level. He's a complete assbag, so this isn't something I'm thrilled about, even with my job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Looks like you guys have 180 days.
    Where did you come up with that number? 180 days for what?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also might add that Congress has yet to speak up on this issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Downloads
    Uploads
    James provided it to me. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just hadn't got around to posting it since I was talking with him and UW about it.. I need to win the lottery...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    James provided it to me. :)
    When does 'publication in the Federal Register' actually take place?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just found this in the link provided... page 5

"The Department has also reassessed the need for CLEO certification and is implementing a new approach that focuses on notifying CLEOs. The final rule only requires that the applicant maker or transferee, including each responsible person for a trust or legal entity, provide a notice to the appropriate State or local official that an application is being submitted to ATF. "

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm wondering what kind of backlash we're going to see going forward here. I know having to do fingerprint cards/photos is going to be a pain, so sales for Suppressor/SBR/AOW manufacturers are going to take a hit in the bottom line. I know a lot of guys who want to get into the NFA game, but are already like fuck it, the trust part is too difficult apparently for them. Anyhow, go forth and buy buy buy!