Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11.5" Kitty SBR

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of the final pieces for the kitty has arrived! Say hello to my lil friend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Compact ACOG candidate? Enjoying my new TA44 a lot. Still getting used to my TA45.. That red triangle is freakin tiny for my eyes. The red circle in the TA44 is a lot faster for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Compact ACOG candidate? Enjoying my new TA44 a lot. Still getting used to my TA45.. That red triangle is freakin tiny for my eyes. The red circle in the TA44 is a lot faster for me.
    I was thinking either an Aimpoint PRO or moving the MRO from my 10.5" over to this and putting the PRO on the 10.5"... not really sure yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    One of the final pieces for the kitty has arrived! Say hello to my lil friend!!

Nice love the mini. Congrats

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the upper ready to assemble, just gotta find the time to do it. But for now here's a mock up of it.

KMR and can clearance look great!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    I have the upper ready to assemble, just gotta find the time to do it. But for now here's a mock up of it.

KMR and can clearance look great!

Looking good there! Looking really good!

Have you fired that can on anything else yet? How does she perform? Give us the scoop. What are your impressions?

Downloads
    Uploads

11.5" Kitty SBR

Ok so now that I got the entire upper actually put together, I put 30 rounds through it as a function check.

First impressions: it's a very light weight upper receiver! Points very nice!

I was surprised at how loud the mini-4 still is. However I do NOT suffer from "buyers remorse" this can a very specific job in mind and that some noise reduction while keeping everything short. The first shot blast was loud but the shots after are quieter. To me the mini 4 almost has the same kind of sound of a noveske KX5 or KX3 but without the snapping boom, if that makes any sense.

Throwing an M4-2000 on and putting some round through that can on the same upper- the M4-2000 is noticeably quieter. This is to be expecting with the extra baffles but i wasn't expecting such a noticeable difference. The Mini4 also puts more gas in the face than the M4-2k. But I look forward to getting some more rounds through this and getting my other uppers to where they can use the can also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I must also add I could still shoot without ear pro and not have ringing. So that's a plus!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try shooting it all day, your ears will be ringing.

IMHO, the Mini-4 is not hearing safe. It serves a purpose though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Try shooting it all day, your ears will be ringing.

IMHO, the Mini-4 is not hearing safe. It serves a purpose though.
    True! I'm sure that would be the case.

My next can purchase will be the Omega more than likely. After that I may pick up another 556 can like a saker or M4-2k. But until then I'm happy with the mini4 and it'll for sure serve its purpose.

My cousin has plenty of M4-2k's if I want to borrow one for whatever we are doing that day lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even with my Specwar 556, I wear plugs when plinking. I have screwed up my right ear from years of shooting without ear pro, so it starts ringing pretty quickly. A suppressed mag dump with my full sized suppressor still gets them ringing.

I forego the ear pro when hunting though. That was my main purpose for getting one. Don't regret it at all.

Overall, Farva I'm pretty jealous of your build!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Farva, what muzzle device are you using to attach the Mini-4?

I know you mentioned a Saker or M42K....ever looked at the Griffin 5.56 cans? Recce 5's are very quiet and very light.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Farva, what muzzle device are you using to attach the Mini-4?

I know you mentioned a Saker or M42K....ever looked at the Griffin 5.56 cans? Recce 5's are very quiet and very light.
    I'm using one of the brakes. Figured that would be a good route to go to help act as a sacrificial baffle in a way.

I have looked at the Recce cans. To be honest there's a lot of good options out there in my opinion. I'm still happy with the mini4 but down the road I'm sure I'll end up with a full size can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    Even with my Specwar 556, I wear plugs when plinking. I have screwed up my right ear from years of shooting without ear pro, so it starts ringing pretty quickly. A suppressed mag dump with my full sized suppressor still gets them ringing.

I forego the ear pro when hunting though. That was my main purpose for getting one. Don't regret it at all.

Overall, Farva I'm pretty jealous of your build!
    From shooting, explosions and ear infections I've lost some hearing in my ears as well. Hunting without ear pro is going to be a huge plus!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm pretty happy with it! Just gotta get the BUIS and optic and figure out what I want to do with paint and such as I wait for the tax stamp for the lower!