Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    I'm running the 13.7" track barrel (Weapon Outfitters branded Micro MOA barrel). The thing is very nice. I havent done any accuracy testing cause ive been to lazy to put a scope on the thing but I was tagging a plate at 150 yards without issue after a 50 yard zero. Micro MOA guarantees 1 moa at 100 yards. I hope I can get it to the range and test it this weekend. I'm running the 249 Saker. You will need the spacer with it to make 16" OAL. My rifle with Magpul SL is almost 31". I'm running an SSA in it.
    Sounds very similar to what I'm going to build! I think I'm going to go with the Ballistic Advantage 13.7" instead, but I'm going to go with the 249 Saker as well. Glad to hear you like it!
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EO3 View Post
    Check out weaponoutfitters.com! They have a nice 13.7" barrel and will pin and weld a BE Meyers 249F to the barrel to get out to 16" overall. The CMC Single Flat is also a great bang for your buck.
    I went over and checked out the barrels and hiders. I think I might need to have the kx5. From a visual standpoint that's exactly what I'm hoping to accomplish. I may check out some reviews on it. Some interesting barrel choices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    I'm running the 13.7" track barrel (Weapon Outfitters branded Micro MOA barrel). The thing is very nice. I havent done any accuracy testing cause ive been to lazy to put a scope on the thing but I was tagging a plate at 150 yards without issue after a 50 yard zero. Micro MOA guarantees 1 moa at 100 yards. I hope I can get it to the range and test it this weekend. I'm running the 249 Saker. You will need the spacer with it to make 16" OAL. My rifle with Magpul SL is almost 31". I'm running an SSA in it.
    Thanks for sharing your experience with this barrel and the 249. Much appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EO3 View Post
    Sounds very similar to what I'm going to build! I think I'm going to go with the Ballistic Advantage 13.7" instead, but I'm going to go with the 249 Saker as well. Glad to hear you like it!
    Its a good barrel so far and price is right. Between my friends and I the weekend after I built it we put 300 rounds threw it. Ran flawlessly. Ran nothing but wolf gold and american eagle. Many sodas died that day :)

Quote Originally Posted by Skypainter View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience with this barrel and the 249. Much appreciated.
    Only "issue" I have is the 249 pings like a tuning fork. I ended up wrapping wire around the channel at the end of the hider. No more ping. I have another rifle with a KX3 on a 13.7" barrel. That is also a fun gun to shoot. I like the barrel length. The WO barrel seems like a good option to me. Like I mentioned above, 300 rounds in a saturday morning and its been good so far. I plan to run it threw a class in May. I can highly recommend it and Weapon Outfitters. Good people over there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Weapon outfitters has separated lots of my money from my wallet, highly recommended

Downloads
    Uploads
    After reading all the responses and doing some more thinking and reading I've decided to still build out the upper without going sbr for now. If it ends up just not feeling right or is unenjoyable to shoot I'll switch the upper to one of the gfy lowers I grabbed and set the pdw aside to sbr at a later time as what probably should be done anyways. It may work out that I love it without going sbr but If it doesn't at least I can throw the upper on a different lower. I did add some things to the list.

I grabbed the erathr3 non ti freedom bone and the smos raptor and will see if there is any benefits of one over the other in non sbr form.
    V7 port door and rod
    Gonna go with the cmc single stage flat 3.5
    Forward controls ldfa ti dlc
    Noveske kx5
    Decided on the noveske 13.7 infidel
    Still sticking with the spade s 13.5
    Executive ordnance trax L ( think it will go well with the spada)if it ends up not feeling right I'll probably end up with something from Magpul.

Shouldn't be too much longer before I acquire everything and get some photos and thoughts on how it shoots up. Thanks again for all the helpful info, it is greatly appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After reading all the responses and doing some more thinking and reading I've decided to still build out the upper without going sbr for now. If it ends up just not feeling right or is unenjoyable to shoot I'll switch the upper to one of the gfy lowers I grabbed and set the pdw aside to sbr at a later time as what probably should be done anyways. It may work out that I love it without going sbr but If it doesn't at least I can throw the upper on a different lower. I did add some things to the list.

I grabbed the erathr3 non ti freedom bone and the smos raptor and will see if there is any benefits of one over the other in non sbr form.
    V7 port door and rod
    Gonna go with the cmc single stage flat 3.5
    Forward controls ldfa ti dlc
    Noveske kx5
    Decided on the noveske 13.7 infidel
    Still sticking with the spade s 13.5
    Executive ordnance trax L ( think it will go well with the spada)if it ends up not feeling right I'll probably end up with something from Magpul.

Shouldn't be too much longer before I acquire everything and get some photos and thoughts on how it shoots up. Thanks again for all the helpful info, it is greatly appreciated.
    I like the parts list.

Any reason you're going with the 13.7? Because of the Pig?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I like the parts list.

Any reason you're going with the 13.7? Because of the Pig?
    Well that's great news, atleast I'm heading in a good direction.

I decided on the 13.7 because its as close as I can get to a sbr and I honestly really like the way it will look With the pig and the rail. Originally had planned to do a 14.5 with the dragon and lantacs BMD but scratched that after reading there was a shorter option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that's great news, atleast I'm heading in a good direction.

I decided on the 13.7 because its as close as I can get to a sbr and I honestly really like the way it will look With the pig and the rail. Originally had planned to do a 14.5 with the dragon and lantacs BMD but scratched that after reading there was a shorter option.
    But it's still going to be a 16.1" gun that's front heavy.

If you want a short barrel without the SBR have you considered using a KAK shockwave blade?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    But it's still going to be a 16.1" gun that's front heavy.

If you want a short barrel without the SBR have you considered using a KAK shockwave blade?
    Hmm from a visual standpoint I thought the shorter looking rail with the pig sticking out more may look better but I did not give much thought to it being front heavy. Thanks for bringing that up.

As far as the Kak goes that wouldn't work as I have the monolithic pdw.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm from a visual standpoint I thought the shorter looking rail with the pig sticking out more may look better but I did not give much thought to it being front heavy. Thanks for bringing that up.

After trying out a bunch of uppers on the PDW stock, I will conclude a 7.5" works the best as far as a "PDW" or a 8" 300 BLK. Aesthetically, longer barrels just look goofy with the short stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    After trying out a bunch of uppers on the PDW stock, I will conclude a 7.5" works the best as far as a "PDW" or a 8" 300 BLK. Aesthetically, longer barrels just look goofy with the short stock.
    Not to hijack, but I know both you and Voodoo run 7.5" uppers. I'd always thought velocity from a barrel that short was insufficient for bullet performance. I guess my question is are they actually viable weapons?, or just for punching paper? In 5.56 I mean.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree that it seems a bit odd to want to use a PDW lower with a 16" OAL barrel. However, if it's what your heart desires, I would also suggest either the BE Meyers 249F or 249S as they will weigh a decent amount less than a KX3/5.
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with others on keeping it short. The PDW stock is good for what it is. But not nearly as comfortable nor practical as a typical stock.

If I were in your shoes, I'd consider selling the PDW lower. You can probably do so with minimal loss. Get a normal BAD billet lower (since you like them) and a normal buffer tube and make it a pistol with a short barrel, if you don't want to Form 1 it. After you make it a pistol, get another full length upper and normal stock. That way you can switch back and forth. If it stays as a pistol you can make into a normal rifle and back to a pistol again. If you want to SBR later, you can always add the BAD PDW stock as add-on which leaves you with the same overall dimension on the lower as the integrated PDW format.

Just my 2¢ but I think this will pay off far more for you in the long run.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 448
Size:  721.1 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 436
Size:  663.5 KB

Alright so I'm going to stop being stubborn and sbr the pdw and instead use one of the gfy lowers in its place( no BADS to be had). I put a few photos up in case anyone was curious about how they match up together.

Keeping the same trigger. I will go with the abc/r and the emr from forward controls. Same hand guard as well. Stock still unsure of. I was wondering, would it be wise to go with the heavy buffer tube from v7 to help even the weight out with the pig?