Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
Deadwing,

You still loving that G05 X5?

I'm considering an upgrade for 2022, but I'm really starting to lean towards that Land Rover Defender. The interior is definitely not as nice, but the exterior is where it's at. However, I'm still a BMW loyalist, but I want something bigger with 7 seats. Considered the X7, but really don't want to spend X7 money.
I still love it. If i had it to do over again, the only thing i'd change would be getting into a 2020 instead of the 2019 so i could have the newer (and more powerful) engine. But that's kind of a minor detail with as much power as i've got. It does everything i need it to, and i haven't found myself wanting for anything with it. The exterior styling cues i wasn't too keen on have grown on me. And the interior still brings a smile to my face.

Some Land Rovers are definitely sexy, but underneath that shiny veneer are poorly engineered mechanicals and dodgy electrics. As for seating, i had no idea the Defender could seat 7. It's about the same size as the X5 so i'd imagine the 3rd row seat would eat up most of your cargo volume and be all but useless except for kids and really short trips with adults. The X7 is quite a bit larger, and i considered one myself. But optioned how i wanted it, it was more than i was willing to spend. When all is said and done, i have no regrets or gripes with the G05 X5.