Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MilSurp

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice looking trio you got there. M1D's are a little too rich for my blood (for the time being at least); one day though.

Still a little jealous of your Carbine luck.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Nice looking trio you got there. M1D's are a little too rich for my blood (for the time being at least); one day though.

Still a little jealous of your Carbine luck.
    Plan on picking up a standard M1 from CMP (probably an Service Grade), then want an 1903 (A3 or A4) and an M1A1...

I'm still giddy that I got one of the carbines... still working on researching its history and parts... then need to do that one the Garands

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhill View Post
    Plan on picking up a standard M1 from CMP (probably an Service Grade), then want an 1903 (A3 or A4) and an M1A1...

I'm still giddy that I got one of the carbines... still working on researching its history and parts... then need to do that one the Garands
    Curious - how do you plan on picking up a SG Carbine? Via CMP auction? Unless they plan on putting out more Carbines? (kinda hope they don't ... already a 3-6 month wait for FG/SG Garands ...)

An M1A1 is definitely a Carbine I'd like to get over something like an M1C/D.

If you need some help with Garand info let me know - I know a decent bit about them (know nothing about Carbines, so you're on your own there haha)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Curious - how do you plan on picking up a SG Carbine? Via CMP auction? Unless they plan on putting out more Carbines? (kinda hope they don't ... already a 3-6 month wait for FG/SG Garands ...)

An M1A1 is definitely a Carbine I'd like to get over something like an M1C/D.

If you need some help with Garand info let me know - I know a decent bit about them (know nothing about Carbines, so you're on your own there haha)
    Looking to pick up standard Garand, not another CMP carbine (not that I wouldn't take one given the option).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    My CMP account is currently "expired" because they need proof of service again (and telling them that we're not legally allowed to provide copies of CAC IDs is blowing their mind). So I emailed them asking if what I had submitted for a Carbine would reset my account even if I didn't get a rifle. I figured even though my paperwork got there on the first day, I was probably out of luck. The lady said that they're still working on Carbine orders, so apparently there's more to come.

Also, as an aside, CMP is apparently stuck on having an "expiration" of service, which doesn't actually apply to all service members. I've got a letter on letterhead that has "INDEFINITE" as my end of service but with my earliest retirement date, so hopefully that will work. We'll see. I should probably ask on the CMP forums since the lady hasn't written me back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    My CMP account is currently "expired" because they need proof of service again (and telling them that we're not legally allowed to provide copies of CAC IDs is blowing their mind). So I emailed them asking if what I had submitted for a Carbine would reset my account even if I didn't get a rifle. I figured even though my paperwork got there on the first day, I was probably out of luck. The lady said that they're still working on Carbine orders, so apparently there's more to come.

Also, as an aside, CMP is apparently stuck on having an "expiration" of service, which doesn't actually apply to all service members. I've got a letter on letterhead that has "INDEFINITE" as my end of service but with my earliest retirement date, so hopefully that will work. We'll see. I should probably ask on the CMP forums since the lady hasn't written me back.
    Well that sucks. Try calling one of the stores. From what I've read, the folks there are very helpful - and you'll probably get a quicker answer too.

If that doesn't work the forums would be a good place too - there are ALOT of knowledgeable and friendly people on there.

The Military ID part - that's to show proof of participation in marksmanship right? If so, have you considered using your CCL instead? Sounds like it'd be much less hassle than a CAC work around.

Downloads
    Uploads

The Military ID part - that's to show proof of participation in marksmanship right? If so, have you considered using your CCL instead? Sounds like it'd be much less hassle than a CAC work around.
    It's actually for affiliation. I used my passport as my citizenship proof, since again, I can't provide my CAC. I have no doubt they'll help me, and it sounds like even if what I turned in isn't good enough and they have a Carbine, they'll get in touch with me and hold my spot, which is pretty top notch in my opinion.

I just haven't had time to push the issue with them...or scan the dumb letter I had my admin generate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    M44 is on my want list. Have had the 91/30 pictured above for a while now .... though, not sure which I want more, M44 or 91/59 ... leaning towards 91/59 to be honest.

Had a line on a mint M44 a few weeks ago, messed up and lost my chance.
    Well get both then... lol
    I had one of each as I had ideas of playing around with a stick, threaded barrel and more but ditched that and kept the m44..it's a blast to shoot and was nicknamed the fire gun but the kid..lol..as about dusk time that ol beast puts off a nice flame ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    New arrival...
    Name:  28410742756_3d9b22cf0b_b.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  87.2 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    New arrival...
    Good looker! What year and manufacturer? Did it come from the CMP?
    "There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong." - H.L. Mencken

Downloads
    Uploads
    New arrival...
    Gorgeous! First one?

Just from the pic, I can tell you had the early WW2 version of the trigger guard (milled) and it looks like post WW2 rear sights.

If you got it from the CMP, I'm guessing it's a field grade?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gorgeous! First one?

Just from the pic, I can tell you had the early WW2 version of the trigger guard (milled) and it looks like post WW2 rear sights.

If you got it from the CMP, I'm guessing it's a field grade?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I have a couple of D's (pictures earlier in the thread) but this is my first normal M1... Yes, it is from CMP, service grade... 5.7M HRA (post war '55 or '56), '65 LEAD rebuild (stock and markings on the receiver), ME:1, TE: 2+
    Last edited by jdhill; 21 July 2016 at 18:19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple of D's (pictures earlier in the thread) but this is my first normal M1... Yes, it is from CMP, service grade... 5.7M HRA (post war '55 or '56), '65 LEAD rebuild (stock and markings on the receiver), ME:1, TE: 2+
    Wow, you made out really really well. HRA, LEAD, and GI stock. Very nice!!

GI stock threw me off. I know very very very very few SG's come with GI stocks nowadays.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, you made out really really well. HRA, LEAD, and GI stock. Very nice!!

GI stock threw me off. I know very very very very few SG's come with GI stocks nowadays.
    And I didn't even ask for it... based on what I have seen from other boards, there have been a few leaking out in recent deliveries... like they found a crate of LEAD rifles in the warehouse... I was a little disappointed that it wasn't WWII vintage, or at least Korean War, but that has passed...

Downloads
    Uploads