Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have any experience with m16a1 parts kits?

They all seem to be in various stages of quality but for nostalgic purposes kinda cool. Anyone know where to pick up a set? Are there ever any with a similar setup from a m16a2?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck trying to find a set.

At this point, they are virtually nonexistant (except via private transaction of course). And even if you do find a set, be prepared to spend big $$$.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's not a kit, but Brownell's is selling A1 uppers now. I know it doesn't have the "C" stamp, but it's a place to start.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod83620.aspx

I think there are some 20" barrel options out there, as well. At one point recently, Sportsman Warehouse was selling various levels of A1 kits, but they may have dried up. Plus their whole shipping is sketch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I know it's not a kit, but Brownell's is selling A1 uppers now. I know it doesn't have the "C" stamp, but it's a place to start.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod83620.aspx

I think there are some 20" barrel options out there, as well. At one point recently, Sportsman Warehouse was selling various levels of A1 kits, but they may have dried up. Plus their whole shipping is sketch.
    Careful with that upper. That's a new (repro) upper made by NDS.

I think I have seen Sportsman sell some sort of parts kit in the past. Haven't dealt with Sportsman before - whats bad with their shipping?
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Careful with that upper. That's a new (repro) upper made by NDS.

I think I have seen Sportsman sell some sort of parts kit in the past. Haven't dealt with Sportsman before - whats bad with their shipping?
    Yeah, it's a new upper. I knew that but I guess I should have clarified. Still a way to get an A1 upper since NDS never seems to have anything in stock.

The issue with Sportsman is that it might not ever ship. I've had personal experiences where I've ordered ammo, it ended up going OOS, so I kept it on back order, per their customer service. After a while, it was clear they weren't getting their next batch of ammo at the same price as the previous batch, so they canceled my order. I got my money back, and I understand from a business sense why they did what they did, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I've read similar things have happened to a couple of others. Small sample size, but I just haven't really bothered to ever shop there again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Good luck trying to find a set.

At this point, they are virtually nonexistant (except via private transaction of course). And even if you do find a set, be prepared to spend big $$$.

I know. I kick myself for not buying a set when available 6 months ago