Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone have any rare or unusual parts to share?

I have a stock that is not really rare or unusual but somewhat hard to find. A colt CS stock. Essentially an a1 stock made out of a2 materials with a raised CS on one side. I had always planned on building a rifle with this stock but for some reason I put the magpul rifle stock on it. I'll be dumping the magpul rifle stock soon and this will go on it once I figure out the best sling solution

Found it on eBay about 20 mins from where I work. Paid $100 about 4 years ago
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I guess on that note - I did just pick up some parts to eventually build an A1.

I have the triangular hand guards, pistol grip, FSB, and buttstock ... boy are those parts getting harder and more expensive to find.

... Also, are we limiting this to just AR stuff?
    Last edited by Thompson; 14 April 2016 at 21:35.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Well, I guess on that note - I did just pick up some parts to eventually build an A1.

I have the triangular hand guards, pistol grip, FSB, and buttstock ... boy are those parts getting harder and more expensive to find.
    Go figure... non Gucci parts are expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Go figure... non Gucci parts are expensive.
    Seriously though. Wish they weren't

... might as well just buy an SP1
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post

... Also, are we limiting this to just AR stuff?
    No limits. Anything you want to share. I don't own the forum or the direction a thread goes. :)

I continually kick myself when I didn't pick up the a1 kits when they were around $500

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    No limits. Anything you want to share. I don't own the forum or the direction a thread goes. :)

I continually kick myself when I didn't pick up the a1 kits when they were around $500
    I never knew they were $500 at one time.

I wish I had something interesting... but all my stuff is run of the mill, plane Jane.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I never knew they were $500 at one time.

I wish I had something interesting... but all my stuff is run of the mill, plane Jane.
    Wha? I'm calling bull$hit! NOTHING of yours is run of the mill plain Jane stuff!! Me? EVERYTHING is boring and plain. You? Pshhh! I don't believe it for a second...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Wha? I'm calling bull$hit! NOTHING of yours is run of the mill plain Jane stuff!! Me? EVERYTHING is boring and plain. You? Pshhh! I don't believe it for a second...
    LOL... I guess what I mean is... it's all readily available to anyone... rare? collectible? interesting? Yeah I don't have any of those.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a snub nose revolver that only accepts backwards clippazines .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, don't know how rare ... but I still have one of the SGW "AR in a Bag" carbines I built in the mid 1970's when I had an FFL. You could buy a complete rifle or carbine for around $450 but nothing was "assembled" except the A2 front sight was pinned. SGW (Scheutzen Gun Works) eventually became Olympic Arms. I probably bought, built, and sold a couple dozen. I marked them up $100 for the assembly and actually made some money on them. I kept this one, just for semi-mental reasons. I will share the story and pics, but not the gun. The old girl has been upgraded quite a bit since then, and no current pix. The EoTech has been replaced by an Aimpoint PRO. The rest is as shown. The light is actually on an offset mount at about 2 O'clock. The rail is a Midwest Industries FF that extends past the front sight post.

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wondered if that grip would make an appearance Jerry lol. Mine is still floating around somewhere.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I actually like it a lot. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and I guess it's kinda rare.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe I'll try and dig mine up just to remind myself why it's so weird.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is it? Looks like a grip off of a revolver

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's an old style pachmyr, been out of production for awhile. And yeah, feels like a revo grip too. Good for giving your rifle an identity crisis.
    -One Nation, Under God