Downloads
    Uploads

Rainier Rock Creek Barrels

So I tried to do a search on WEVO for these as I know a few members here have them, but it turns out using the keyword "Rainier" as part of the search brings up pretty much every thread that we have here on WEVO.

I know. Shocking. Right?

Anyways, I'm on the market for a new barrel and wanted to know how the Rainier Rock Creek barrels are performing for people, as well life expectancy. Mostly life expectancy as I know it should be a shooter.

Here's the specific one I'm looking at:
    https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...ck-creek-blank

As an aside, I'd also be interested in any firsthand info on the Modern Outfitters barrels as well.
    http://shopmodernoutfitters.com/mode...rbine-barrels/
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how long these will last, but I imagine they will be 8-10k range.

I've got a 12.5, 14.5 and 16. So far they are as good as the match line, but I'm not good enough to tell you if there is a difference between the two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would ask what the end goal is in mind.

The barrel I use for my accuracy shooting is not on your list but a couple of other things come to mind... and UW brings up one of them "but I'm not good enough to tell you if there is a difference between the two."

Really how phobic are you gonna get about accuracy? How much time and effort are you going to devote to that endeavor including rolling your own ammo?

Long story short I have ran across a number of people that say they want a 'match' barrel but then I ask questions and they want to shoot just plain old ammo and won't be reloading or whatever....so just based on that alone they would be better served by something else.

I have no idea what your habits or hopes are or how good of a shooter you are (or want to be) but the accuracy game is a whole different animal.

Sorry if the comment/statement here is kind of basic but I am not sure of where along the line you are or what you have in mind. I don't know a lot about a lot of stuff but when it comes to the accuracy thing that's something I can contribute a little bit to that discussion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo and basic...lol....

No shooting experience with the rock creek, seen one once..lol
    But there are so many barrel offerings out there that should and will shoot well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Alamo and basic...lol....

No shooting experience with the rock creek, seen one once..lol
    But there are so many barrel offerings out there that should and will shoot well.
    HAHAA!! I have a reputation to uphold man! :)

There are so many choices in barrels it's just ridiculous.

That said--and I am not saying Aragorn is doing this--- but often I have met people that spend an assload of money on a match grade barrel but never follow that up with anything else that is required to get match grade performance. They are spending extra money 'just because' I guess.

But if someone really does want to get super accurate (1/2 MOA or below) then yes it's possible but there is more to it than just a bad ass barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh. Uh.....

Disregard.

Already bought a new barrel.

Though, for the sake of satiating curious minds, I shoot 68-77gr match ammo when shooting for precision, M/XM193 for action/competition/end of the world/call it what you will training, and my HD mags are loaded with either Hornandy TAP or Winchester 5.56 soft points depending on which mag you grab. My "long range" is just 500m, but that's still not exactly close and my targets are usually 8-12". The action range part of the club consists of 30 yard bays that you can more or less configure to your liking. When I hit the gun club I generally hit both of these ranges and my barrel isn't really given much time to cool in between, usually still DO NOT TOUCH IT hot by the time I'm ready to go again, especially if I'm coming off the action range. No particular order as to which range I visit first, usually the one with less people on it.

So, my requirements are for a barrel call for heat tolerance without POI shift, with the ability to remain at least MOA with good ammo while hot, and longevity (I typically hunt for barrels with known lifespans in excess of 15,000, or preferably 20,000 rounds).
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    So what did you end up getting?

I am still super curious about a Mountain Barrel :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought a PWS barrel. PWS weapons have a fantastic reputation, and I read a nearly year long review by a trainer whose PWS was still sub MOA with good ammo after 23,000 rounds, including quite a bit of full auto fire.
    -One Nation, Under God