Disclaimer: I don't operate.

I agree that mounting a scope in the Aero mount takes a bit of trial and error, but to fair a scope can/will rotate in a traditional set of rings when tightening down the screws (it's just easier to mitigate by hopping side to side in small increments).

I have a Swaro Z3 mounted in an Aero mount on my heaviest recoiling AR (6.8 SPC) and it's been flawless and I have no problem recommending them with the caveat on installation. Admittedly, this is my hunting rig so it doesn't get heavy use but I do take it into the field so in some respects its my only set up that gets "real" use. While there are valid points against the design (and it does seem like Aero should just switch to standard split rings and put this to bed), I don't think there is anything negative to say about their "construction". One item on the "pro" column for the Aero design is the machined-in recoil lugs and the use of recessed Torx screws to secure to the rail (no big "tactical nuts" sticking out). Several of the mounts at this price point just use the locking screws as the lugs.

I was initially attracted to the Aero mount by their light weight. My Swaro + Aero mount combo comes in under a pound. They're obviously not the perfect solution for every situation, but if weight or price are top priorities they should bubble up pretty close to the top of the list for consideration. I haven't found a sub-$100 mount I'd prefer.