Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Disclaimer: I don't operate.

I agree that mounting a scope in the Aero mount takes a bit of trial and error, but to fair a scope can/will rotate in a traditional set of rings when tightening down the screws (it's just easier to mitigate by hopping side to side in small increments).

I have a Swaro Z3 mounted in an Aero mount on my heaviest recoiling AR (6.8 SPC) and it's been flawless and I have no problem recommending them with the caveat on installation. Admittedly, this is my hunting rig so it doesn't get heavy use but I do take it into the field so in some respects its my only set up that gets "real" use. While there are valid points against the design (and it does seem like Aero should just switch to standard split rings and put this to bed), I don't think there is anything negative to say about their "construction". One item on the "pro" column for the Aero design is the machined-in recoil lugs and the use of recessed Torx screws to secure to the rail (no big "tactical nuts" sticking out). Several of the mounts at this price point just use the locking screws as the lugs.

I was initially attracted to the Aero mount by their light weight. My Swaro + Aero mount combo comes in under a pound. They're obviously not the perfect solution for every situation, but if weight or price are top priorities they should bubble up pretty close to the top of the list for consideration. I haven't found a sub-$100 mount I'd prefer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LaRue makes one hell of a mount. I have 3 of them. If you are dead set on a non QD mount, they have a bolt on option that is magnificent and it'll save you some money as well. To top it off, they'll give you some Dillo dust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Aero precision mounts are flawed, in my opinion. When you tighten the rings, it causes the scope to rotate. Part of this is caused by the pivot point being at the top, but it's also a sign that the pressure exerted by the rings on the scope tube is uneven.

The reason the Aero mounts are so cheap is that they're made from an extrusion, and require much less machining than the top end one-piece mounts like Badger, Geissele, Seekins, Nightforce, etc, which are machined from solid billet from start to end.
    Again totally same that I have noticed with the aero mount, frickin thing kept twisting and would have to anticipate it to the best and still have to do it a few times, again meaning something is pulling/pushing at an uneven pressure..it works but wish they would make a top mount as said.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the recon 30 from American Defense

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton68spc View Post
    I like the recon 30 from American Defense

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook
    I have not had great experiences with ADM. I hate the fact that the clamp is either too tight or too loose, and their ring design leaves much to be desired. The rings are not part of the base, at all, and float until tightened down. They left marks on one of my NF scopes despite using their recommended torque.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shit, my "cheapie" Vortex isn't sounding so bad now! It's not mega bucks, but it doesn't have any of the problems listed in this collection of recommended mounts..
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Shit, my "cheapie" Vortex isn't sounding so bad now! It's not mega bucks, but it doesn't have any of the problems listed in this collection of recommended mounts..
    People recommend their current favorite, so I wouldn't take it as a recommended list like consumer reports. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Granite Ridge Outfitters has the Aero mounts on sale: http://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.co...APRA210600.htm
    Smoking good deal there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Aero precision mounts are flawed, in my opinion. When you tighten the rings, it causes the scope to rotate.

True. Pain in the ass to get right, but once you're there it seems to work pretty good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I had a adm I noticed they same as slippers said, not a big deal but s little fumbling around with

I haven't seen or tried a couple that look good of course bobro has a good rep, also the Midwest ones look Allright..

Oops sidetracking from fixed to QD mounts..lol I'd like to try the MI mount someday

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys for the great insight. I jumped on the Aero prior to this thread get so big so fast. So a plethora of good info here. We'll see if I made a mistake down the road, and we'll see how long it takes to get it level. Good thing I'm patient, well mostly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Less than 5 minutes of twisting, and I got the scope leveled. I will say my first impressions of the mount is that it is light, but it doesn't have the beefiness of the other mounts listed. I would think it will do fine for me for the moment, and perhaps I can invest in a heavier mount, but so far so good. Thanks for the input fellas. On a side note, The rings are true, the lapping kit conical alignment rods meet right up. If that wasn't the case, I'd be sending it back and getting some thing different.