Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Anybody know the venues policies on ccw ?I know it sounds paranoid but with the recent shooting it popped into my head .
    http://gtctc.org/about-us/faqs
    "Weapons
    For the safety of all guests, weapons of any kind, regardless of permit, are not permitted in the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center. The ONLY exception to this is uniformed law enforcement personnel in the performance of their official duties."

So, this will be interesting. A firearms expo, but no weapons allowed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kind of shitty for all of us civilians.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where is the Team Wendy booth located ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    http://gtctc.org/about-us/faqs
    "Weapons
    For the safety of all guests, weapons of any kind, regardless of permit, are not permitted in the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center. The ONLY exception to this is uniformed law enforcement personnel in the performance of their official duties."

So, this will be interesting. A firearms expo, but no weapons allowed.
    Is the Convention center a private entity or is it owned by the city? If owned by the city, doesn't this section of RCW 9.41.300 apply?

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:
    (a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and
    (b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:
    (i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or
    (ii) Any showing, demonstration, or lecture involving the exhibition of firearms.

Ric
    Last edited by fairlanericky; 13 June 2016 at 21:39.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never been to any gun show, auction or trade show involving firearms that allowed carrying a loaded firearm. Even a outdoor show in Texas had a checkpoint and sent a few of us back to the vehicle to leave weapons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fairlanericky View Post
    Is the Convention center a private entity or is it owned by the city? If owned by the city, doesn't this section of RCW 9.41.300 apply?

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:
    (a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and
    (b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:
    (i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or
    (ii) Any showing, demonstration, or lecture involving the exhibition of firearms.

Ric
    The Convention Center is a City Property.

If you have a WA CPL, personally I wouldn't worry about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I've never been to any gun show, auction or trade show involving firearms that allowed carrying a loaded firearm. Even a outdoor show in Texas had a checkpoint and sent a few of us back to the vehicle to leave weapons.
    I remember going to gun shows in San Francisco with my Dad in the early 80's when you could buy a scary black gun and carry gun wasn't an issue
    Name:  ScreenShot2014-09-09at11.45.37AM.png
Views: 346
Size:  435.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Where is the Team Wendy booth located ?
    Lol... I would come out of lurk mode there just to light the fuse for that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing concrete but I heard JBLM will be hosting an airshow the weekend of the show . If so it will be a great weekend , I haven't been to an airshow since they stopped doing them in the early 90's at Moffet Field in Mountain View , Ca

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope to see some of you guys at the VIP Event

Saturday August 27th @ 7:30pm

The VIP event is up. We will have food, beverages and lots of heroes and industry leaders at the event. We will have dodge ball for prizes, and a ton of other cool events planned. It will be off the charts fun and with limited seating.

Make sure you get your tickets now.
    Tickets are $100 per: http://nwshootingsportsexpo.com/vip-event/

Downloads
    Uploads
    For those that are coming, Cross Machine Tool will unveil the new Handguards there, as well as a couple of muzzle devices, and of course the new 9mm chassis

Downloads
    Uploads
    So during the VIP event, for those of you that are going, there is a free for all dodge ball event (for those that are not prone to tweak, break, or pull something with a hint of physical activity) The last man standing apparently gets a Gemtech Suppressor that they donated.

TONS of prizes for the VIP event. Since the max ticket count is 250, your odds are pretty good at taking home something cool

Downloads
    Uploads
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZXHsNqkDI4

Training starts tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're on the fence about the VIP event, here's a discount code:

RAfnf2016

1. 10 vs 10 that will be called at random to participate in our Dodge ball event, sponsored by Gemtech, winner wins a Gemtech Suppressor of their choice.

2. Joes vs Pro's, 6 real live Army Rangers are going up against 6 real live Professional Laser tag shooters, winner of that event is winning an optic from Sig Sauer.

3. Live performances by a couple of local artists, Kid Sensation, Collosal Boss and Decent at Best as well as local DJ Sean the Shaman.

4. Alcohol is open and sponsored by Jim Beam and Tatoosh Distillery. Bourbon, Wiskey, Vodka, Beer and wine will be served.

5. Food also provided.

6. We hired 2 Cigar rollers that will be rolling Cigars on the spot.

7. 100+ industry execs from all of the companies coming to the Expo will also be on hand.

8. Free laser tags and games all night.

9. I got Gemtech Suppressors, triggers from Elftmann and CMC triggers, X Products Drum mags, 80% lowers and Sig Sauer Optics and MCX rifle to give away at the raffle. so you will have a 1 in 250 chance to win one of these items, with more items coming.

Coupon code again for the tickets is RAfnf2016. Remember all of this is going to a good cause so we want to raise as much money as possible. There will be opportunity to buy additional raffle tickets for the event at the event.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I must say the exhibitors list has grown to be quite impressive.