Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

I'm starting to feel old though. I hadn't a clue that a SR15 was a $2k+ rifle these days. It was my first thought when I read the thread title, only to discover they were way more expensive than I remembered.

You know rob, I want to say that SR-15's used to be 1899-1999 MSRP back in the day. Right now I believe they are $2199-2299 depending on the dealer. This is really why I'm amazed that several newer players in the market are bringing their guns to market at $2700+ to even over 3k+ (Cobalt Kinetics comes to mind) Unless you are bringing a fully ambi gun to market, with a 2 stage match trigger, SOPMOD stock, and a proven platform like the SR-15, I'm not sure how you're going to be able to get much traction in an already crowded market at $2700+

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know you've already made your decision OP, but I was just browsing through the Kentucky Gun Company Post Memorial Day sales ad:

Colt 6720 $769 with free shipping
    Colt 6721 $729 also free shipping

If I was starting all over again, I'd get 2 6720's

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are some good deals but really not much better than my LGS has them...when they actually get them in.

Basically I sold my motorcycle so I had some cash to spend on a rifle. I weighed my options and for whatever reason I have always wanted a Gen 3 Noveske rifle, however, I could not find an afghan (14.5") CHF CL anywhere and it was a bit above my price range. I already had some of the parts needed with the NSR rail, and Magpul STR stock and some of the other smaller parts on hand. I called up Noveske and told them what I wanted and they pretty much took care of me by setting me up with everything I needed to complete my upper to their specs. They are also headspacing my bolt to my barrel. So this is about as close as I could get to a factory Noveske without being a factory Noveske. I also am finishing the lower with an ALG ACT FCG as per the specs on their Gen 3 rifles.

As others on here mentioned, buy quality parts and have quality gunsmiths turn the wrenches and I should be GTG.

Is Noveske stuff a bit overpriced? Probably. Are there other parts that are arguably better? Yep. But does Noveske make a top shelf product? Arguably yes. I just had the itch and the cash so I decided to just go for it. Those are just some of the things that led me down this path...that and you giving me "option 3"

I do, however, see one of those Colt 6920's in my safe in the near future...but I will probably go with the OEM 2 and use the furniture I like.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I know you've already made your decision OP, but I was just browsing through the Kentucky Gun Company Post Memorial Day sales ad:

ill end up getting a 6920 OEM for the same price because NJ hates me an the 6721 isn't allowed here

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

I seen that also..So many good deals right now.I need to win the lottery...lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've read through the forums and hoping there is some general consensus on a solid <$1500 rifle out there. I'm specifically looking for a bombproof mountain rifle in 7mm RM. The farthest I plan to ever hunt with it is about 600yds, so not quite the "long range hunting" that a lot of guys talk about. I've seen some higher end Remmys, Winchesters, plus some others like Sako, Kimber, and Christensen. I don't plan on tinkering with it and I don't reload. I just want a solid, bombproof, accurate, and relatively lightweight out of the box hunting rifle. I'm a snob when it comes to archery and optics, but a custom rifle would be overkill for what I need. I have a $400 Remington ADL that is ugly as sin, has a rough action, rusts easily, and is an absolute tack driver. It is being sold for a new rifle down payment. Thanks for answering my basic questions and patiently enduring my lack of knowledge.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by celalsur View Post
    I've read through the forums and hoping there is some general consensus on a solid <$1500 rifle out there. I'm specifically looking for a bombproof mountain rifle in 7mm RM. The farthest I plan to ever hunt with it is about 600yds, so not quite the "long range hunting" that a lot of guys talk about. I've seen some higher end Remmys, Winchesters, plus some others like Sako, Kimber, and Christensen. I don't plan on tinkering with it and I don't reload. I just want a solid, bombproof, accurate, and relatively lightweight out of the box hunting rifle. I'm a snob when it comes to archery and optics, but a custom rifle would be overkill for what I need. I have a $400 Remington ADL that is ugly as sin, has a rough action, rusts easily, and is an absolute tack driver. It is being sold for a new rifle down payment. Thanks for answering my basic questions and patiently enduring my lack of knowledge.
    This

https://www.gungenius.com/firearms/r...rgrr-38oensqz/

Downloads
    Uploads
    11B has a solid recommendation with the HMR. I would also throw Tikka in there as well. I would stay away from Kimber and Christensen……just my personal opinion of course.