Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd almost be tempted to have someone strip the body down and reano it.... or cerakote.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apologies if I've already posted this info. Here are some weight measurements for comparison.

I screwed a Malkoff E2XT head onto a Scout 600 body with DS tail cap and weighed the assembly.

For reference I did the same thing with a legacy Surefire body and tail cap. The Malkoff head is attached via Malkoff's thread adapter.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to bump my own thread;

Modlite is now making a "legacy" head for older Scouts. It will run on two 123s or a 16650. They are also going to make a thread adapter for Surefire forends. All those MP5 forends out there need a new head, I guess.

How the Modlite specs out to the Malkoff I don't know. No specs listed on the Modlite website. But these are shipping so we can hope to see some data soon.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    Just to bump my own thread;

Modlite is now making a "legacy" head for older Scouts. It will run on two 123s or a 16650. They are also going to make a thread adapter for Surefire forends. All those MP5 forends out there need a new head, I guess.

How the Modlite specs out to the Malkoff I don't know. No specs listed on the Modlite website. But these are shipping so we can hope to see some data soon.

I admit I do love how you won't let the old bodies die.

Generally pleased with Modlite stuff, so I'm wondering how the legacy heads work. Maybe aesthetically they'll be an improvement over the Malkoff stuff as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I admit I do love how you won't let the old bodies die.

Generally pleased with Modlite stuff, so I'm wondering how the legacy heads work. Maybe aesthetically they'll be an improvement over the Malkoff stuff as well.
    No specs but I do happen to have one here.

Size-wise it is very close to the Malkoff. Slightly smaller in diameter but essentially the same length.

Anesthetics are better. The Modlite looks a little more refined with the labeling, etc.

No real comment yet on specs. But the Modlite beam is a little tighter when shined across the office.

Last edited by usbp379; 13 May 2022 at 12:50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know aesthetics mean nothing when it comes to performance, but when it comes to sales for the general masses, it is important. I think that's where Malkoff has been lacking. Looking forward to you reporting back on some long term use.

It is odd there are no specs. Maybe just an oversight since it's a new product?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Specs from Modlite obtained via email:

LED-F (flood)
    850 Lumens
    44,000 Candela

LED-T (throw)
    660 Lumens
    58,000 Candela

80 minutes on 2 CR123s for both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the head. Finally up on the Modlite site. And now also listed for sale through Arisaka Defense.

https://modlite.com/collections/ligh...d-t-light-head