Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WEVO 002

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I sent both mine back because after not using them for about 5-6 months it got so hard you had to reposition the rifle to turn the ring. Pretty much finished with Vortex after these. Have yet to own one that didn't go back for service. Out of 7. Explains why all their fans always say how great their service is. Not sure if Nightforce or Trijicon even have a service dept. LOL
    It really surprised me considering none of the other Vortex scopes I had were even half that difficult to turn. The throw lever solved the issue...but before that I couldn't keep my position behind the rifle and adjust it.

Sorry for the thread drift, OP

Downloads
    Uploads
    not a big fan of cerakote or paint jobs, but that looks really cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I sent both mine back because after not using them for about 5-6 months it got so hard you had to reposition the rifle to turn the ring. Pretty much finished with Vortex after these. Have yet to own one that didn't go back for service. Out of 7. Explains why all their fans always say how great their service is. Not sure if Nightforce or Trijicon even have a service dept. LOL
    Trust me, you do not want to deal with trijicon customer service. Their minimum turnaround is listed as 3+ weeks. I had a ta33 acog where the mounting lug was cut wrong so it would sit canted in every mount. I sent it in, returned 6 weeks later and they said the reticle was level, even though that wasn't the issue. Sent it in again, they held onto it for 3 months before finally giving me a brand new ta33.

End result was fine. Length of time and mailing it in twice because they fail at reading comprehension sucked. The 5 months I couldn't use the optic made me realize I didn't even need it so I sold it as soon as the replacement came, and made a profit.

Nightforce, on the other hand, is quick and easy to deal with.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally done but for a dedicated optic.

Need to settle on a good mule deer factory load. But for now, federal FMJ and SB FMJ were 1.5MOA in the wind at 100yrds. Would love opinions on a good hunting round that doesn't break up on impact.

Trigger impressions: the brake is firm. I don't have a scale to measure it but it feels every bit of 3.5. No creep. Light takeup and crisp in every way. Good for hunting and duty but would prefer lighter second stage for precision work. I have another one on the way for another rifle.

This is my first time shooting 6.8. I was impressed how soft it shoots. I didn't expect that. I have the SA gas block dialed back a little but left it mostly open. I'll tinker more with it another day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That turned out really nice Fledge.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Axlnut did a great job matching the terrain.

Downloads
    Uploads
    NF on the Geissele Mount, nice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks so good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Badass! The grip is a nice touch. So jelly!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn Fledge...

I love that rifle. That wasn't the simplest job I ever did, and out of context (like inside) I wasn't 100% on the pattern - I thought and hoped it would work well, seeing it out there.. I love it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, gents! Axlnut, the camo is great either way but this wins prizes.

Hopefully this thread will be updated one day with a mule deer in the pic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Series number.